picture date in browser/exif/iptc

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
itabashinoyatsu

picture date in browser/exif/iptc

Post by itabashinoyatsu »

Hello! I just moved my data to a new hard disk, and I discovered that all the creation dates for my pictures have been reset. I suspect that the culprit is the migration assistant. Previously, each picture had its shooting day as creation date, and I could see it displayed in the browser. The shooting date is still recorded either in the exif (for digicam photos) or in IPTC (for scanned pictures), but I cannot possibly correct the dates manually one by one. What can I do? Perhaps an Apple Script could read the shooting date from exif/iptc and reset the creation date. Would that be difficult? GC already has a menu item to set creation date to exif date. What is missing is an item to set creation date to iptc date. Is that possible? Alternatively, what about making the Browser display the exif/iptc date instead of the creation date, as an option? That would make all future migrations harmless. Thank you for your attention. Gianluca
thorstenlemke

Re: picture date in browser/exif/iptc

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [gcmac] picture date in browser/exif/iptc Hello, select all image files/folders with images in the browser. Open the context menu. Select “JPEG:Set file date to exif date”. Thorsten     Hello! I just moved my data to a new hard disk, and I discovered that all the creation dates for my pictures have been reset. I suspect that the culprit is the migration assistant. Previously, each picture had its shooting day as creation date, and I could see it displayed in the browser. The shooting date is still recorded either in the exif (for digicam photos) or in IPTC (for scanned pictures), but I cannot possibly correct the dates manually one by one. What can I do? Perhaps an Apple Script could read the shooting date from exif/iptc and reset the creation date. Would that be difficult? GC already has a menu item to set creation date to exif date. What is missing is an item to set creation date to iptc date. Is that possible? Alternatively, what about making the Browser display the exif/iptc date instead of the creation date, as an option? That would make all future migrations harmless. Thank you for your attention. Gianluca #     
itabashinoyatsu

Post by itabashinoyatsu »

Can I do that for a whole folder? Great! However, that works for *exif* dates. I have thousands of *scanned* pictures: their shooting date is recorded in the iptc, not in the exif. Is there a way? Cheers, Gianluca --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemkesoft@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > select all image files/folders with images in the browser. > Open the context menu. > Select ³JPEG:Set file date to exif date². > > Thorsten > > > > > > Hello! > > I just moved my data to a new hard disk, and I discovered that > all the creation dates for my pictures have been reset. > I suspect that the culprit is the migration assistant. > > Previously, each picture had its shooting day as creation date, > and I could see it displayed in the browser. The shooting date is still > recorded > either in the exif (for digicam photos) or in IPTC (for scanned pictures), > but I cannot possibly correct the dates manually one by one. > > What can I do? Perhaps an Apple Script could read the shooting date > from exif/iptc and reset the creation date. Would that be difficult? > > GC already has a menu item to set creation date to exif date. > What is missing is an item to set creation date to iptc date. > Is that possible? > > Alternatively, what about making the Browser display the exif/iptc date > instead of the creation date, as an option? That would make all > future migrations harmless. > > Thank you for your attention. > Gianluca > # >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [gcmac] Re: picture date in browser/exif/iptc Hello, Yes, complete folders are supported. Can I get a a sample file? Thorsten Von: itabashinoyatsu <gorni@dimi.uniud.it> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Datum: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:56:07 -0000 An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Betreff: [gcmac] Re: picture date in browser/exif/iptc       Can I do that for a whole folder? Great! However, that works for *exif* dates. I have thousands of *scanned* pictures: their shooting date is recorded in the iptc, not in the exif. Is there a way? Cheers, Gianluca
Gnarlodious

Post by Gnarlodious »

On 11/14/07, itabashinoyatsu wrote: > I just moved my data to a new hard disk, and I discovered that > all the creation dates for my pictures have been reset. > I suspect that the culprit is the migration assistant. That can't be, because I migrated all my data with rsync and the same thing happened. -- Gnarlie http://Gnarlodious.com/Gnarlodious
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [gcmac] picture date in browser/exif/iptc Hello, Which file system did you choose? Thorsten Von: Gnarlodious <lists.gnarlodious@gmail.com> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Datum: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:10:30 -0700 An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] picture date in browser/exif/iptc       On 11/14/07, itabashinoyatsu wrote: > I just moved my data to a new hard disk, and I discovered that > all the creation dates for my pictures have been reset. > I suspect that the culprit is the migration assistant. That can't be, because I migrated all my data with rsync and the same thing happened. -- Gnarlie http://Gnarlodious.com/Gnarlodious