GC 5.2 quits

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
ahreff

GC 5.2 quits

Post by ahreff »

Since downloading version 5.2 (running on my Mac, system 10.2.8), I've run into a problem. I download images from my CF card via a Lexar firewire reader, the images come up in the browser window and then the program quits displaying the message that the program has unexpectedly quit. Any thoughts?
keith

Re: GC 5.2 quits

Post by keith »

I would try the old reliable, trash the preference file... keith On Jun 24, 2004, at 9:49 PM, ahreff wrote: > Since downloading version 5.2 (running on my Mac, system 10.2.8), I've > run into a > problem.  I download images from my CF card via a Lexar firewire > reader, the images > come up in the browser window and then the program quits displaying > the message > that the program has unexpectedly quit. > Any thoughts? > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > > ADVERTISEMENT > <lrec_companion_043004.gif> > <l.gif> > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > • To visit your group on the web, go to: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/graphicconverterforum/ >   > • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com >   > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of > Service. > >
Russ Fega

Post by Russ Fega »

Hi Keith. Thanks for the response. Just one problem. I can't seem to find the preference file anywhere. As I mentioned, I'm using OS 10.2.8. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. russ
keith

Post by keith »

Russ, It is either in your home -->library-->preferences OR hard drive-->library--> preferences depending on whether it is usable to only you or to all users and it is called com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.plist You will have to put in your registration number again and reset your prefs but deleting the prefs. cures a lot of strangeness. keith On Jun 25, 2004, at 10:06 AM, Russ Fega wrote: > Hi Keith. Thanks for the response. Just one problem. I > can't seem to find the preference file anywhere. As I > mentioned, I'm using OS 10.2.8.  Any help would be > greatly appreciated. Thanks. > > russ > > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > > ADVERTISEMENT > <yhoo0504_a_300250a052604.gif> > <l.gif> > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > • To visit your group on the web, go to: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/graphicconverterforum/ >   > • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com >   > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of > Service. > > a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a�a� Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country." -- President Theodore Roosevelt, 1908 ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº ººººººººººººººººººººººº
Wellness

Re: [graphicconverterforum] GC 5.2 quits

Post by Wellness »

Hi and thanks for this opportunity, I have an old OS9.22 computer and GC 5.6 (the lowest 5.x I have) gets really slow! Can anyone point me to older classic versions such as 5.2, 5.3, 5.4? (4.8 won't handle enough files). Is it OK to ask this? Thanks googols! Teo ;) --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, keith <sailorman@...> wrote: > > I would try the old reliable, trash the preference file... > > keith > > On Jun 24, 2004, at 9:49 PM, ahreff wrote: > > > Since downloading version 5.2 (running on my Mac, system 10.2.8), I've > > run into a > > problem.  I download images from my CF card via a Lexar firewire > > reader, the images > > come up in the browser window and then the program quits displaying > > the message > > that the program has unexpectedly quit. > > Any thoughts? > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > > > > ADVERTISEMENT > > <lrec_companion_043004.gif> > > <l.gif> > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > • To visit your group on the web, go to: > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/graphicconverterforum/ > >   > > • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > >   > > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of > > Service. > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi,I would use the 5.9.5.Thorsten   Hi and thanks for this opportunity, I have an old OS9.22 computer and GC 5.6 (the lowest 5.x I have) gets really slow! Can anyone point me to older classic versions such as 5.2, 5.3, 5.4? (4.8 won't handle enough files). Is it OK to ask this? Thanks googols! Teo ;)
Wellness

Post by Wellness »

Hi Thorsten, 5.9.5 goes slower than 5.6, the second monitor is running 6.5 and 5.95 also resets 6.5's prefs every boot so 5.6 solves half of the issue. I think a lower revision wouldn't use the same prefs as 6.5, and I'm already having it not anti-alias so the older the better - within 5.x Still hoping someone will have 5.2 or 5.3 or 5.4 and then of course is it reasonable to ask them to upload it into the groups files, or email it to me, so I know I'm asking a lot but as days and years go on I am sure I can find my perfect solution for my 400GHZ G4 with OS9.2 btw Thorsten your software is pure genius! Such excellent interface and features! The support - having this group especially - is wow so amazingly nice of you and LempkeSoft! Wishing I could give you something back!!!! Teo --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > I would use the 5.9.5. > > Thorsten > > > > Hi and thanks for this opportunity, > > I have an old OS9.22 computer and GC 5.6 (the lowest 5.x I have) gets really slow! Can anyone point me to older classic versions such as 5.2, 5.3, 5.4? (4.8 won't handle enough files). Is it OK to ask this? Thanks googols! > > Teo > > ;) > > > > >
Wellness

Post by Wellness »

Hi, Nevermind... http://www.5star-shareware.com/Mac/Grap ... n-mac.html I'll let you know how it works. See, the 2, GC6 and GC5 run simultaneously, each on a different monitor. They seem to fight for processing speed, so I am constantly tweaking settings such as "anti-alias" and "use quicktime to decompress." I guess I am studying how well these old gems of software work. They work marvelously thanks to the genius Thorsten! What a nice guy, and smart too! I'll let you know if 5.3 which i found does it. Download-cnet.com says they have many versions but they all link to the latest version :( So glad I kept querieing, and whala! Genius software still exists! Happy camper, Teo ;) --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Wellness" <teovincent4@...> wrote: > > Hi Thorsten, > > 5.9.5 goes slower than 5.6, the second monitor is running 6.5 and 5.95 also resets 6.5's prefs every boot so 5.6 solves half of the issue. I think a lower revision wouldn't use the same prefs as 6.5, and I'm already having it not anti-alias so the older the better - within 5.x > > Still hoping someone will have 5.2 or 5.3 or 5.4 and then of course is it reasonable to ask them to upload it into the groups files, or email it to me, so I know I'm asking a lot but as days and years go on I am sure I can find my perfect solution for my 400GHZ G4 with OS9.2 > > btw Thorsten your software is pure genius! Such excellent interface and features! The support - having this group especially - is wow so amazingly nice of you and LempkeSoft! Wishing I could give you something back!!!! > > Teo > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > I would use the 5.9.5. > > > > Thorsten > > > > > > > Hi and thanks for this opportunity, > > > I have an old OS9.22 computer and GC 5.6 (the lowest 5.x I have) gets really slow! Can anyone point me to older classic versions such as 5.2, 5.3, 5.4? (4.8 won't handle enough files). Is it OK to ask this? Thanks googols! > > > Teo > > > ;) > > > > > > > > >
Wellness

Request for OS9.2 GC5.2 5.3 or 5.4 thanks!

Post by Wellness »

Hi, 5star-Shareware has the OSX version :( Is it reasonable to ask one of the wizards here to email me or point me to 5.2 5.3 or 5.4 for OS9.2? Thanks googols --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Wellness" <teovincent4@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > Nevermind... > > http://www.5star-shareware.com/Mac/Grap ... n-mac.html > > I'll let you know how it works. See, the 2, GC6 and GC5 run simultaneously, each on a different monitor. They seem to fight for processing speed, so I am constantly tweaking settings such as "anti-alias" and "use quicktime to decompress." I guess I am studying how well these old gems of software work. They work marvelously thanks to the genius Thorsten! What a nice guy, and smart too! I'll let you know if 5.3 which i found does it. Download-cnet.com says they have many versions but they all link to the latest version :( So glad I kept querieing, and whala! Genius software still exists! > > Happy camper, > Teo > ;) > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Wellness" <teovincent4@> wrote: > > > > Hi Thorsten, > > > > 5.9.5 goes slower than 5.6, the second monitor is running 6.5 and 5.95 also resets 6.5's prefs every boot so 5.6 solves half of the issue. I think a lower revision wouldn't use the same prefs as 6.5, and I'm already having it not anti-alias so the older the better - within 5.x > > > > Still hoping someone will have 5.2 or 5.3 or 5.4 and then of course is it reasonable to ask them to upload it into the groups files, or email it to me, so I know I'm asking a lot but as days and years go on I am sure I can find my perfect solution for my 400GHZ G4 with OS9.2 > > > > btw Thorsten your software is pure genius! Such excellent interface and features! The support - having this group especially - is wow so amazingly nice of you and LempkeSoft! Wishing I could give you something back!!!! > > > > Teo > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > > > > > > Hi, > > > > > > I would use the 5.9.5. > > > > > > Thorsten > > > > > > > > > > Hi and thanks for this opportunity, > > > > I have an old OS9.22 computer and GC 5.6 (the lowest 5.x I have) gets really slow! Can anyone point me to older classic versions such as 5.2, 5.3, 5.4? (4.8 won't handle enough files). Is it OK to ask this? Thanks googols! > > > > Teo > > > > ;) > > > > > > > > > > > > > >