Re: AW: AW: Rotation

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Gordon B. Alley

Re: AW: AW: Rotation

Post by Gordon B. Alley »

I have a Kodak DX6490. When its orientation sensor is enabled, it rotates the image (if necessary) immediately after the picture is taken, so that even the confirmation view in the viewfinder shows the image rotated (that's actually slightly annoying, in that I have to quickly rotate the camera back to normal position to check the image in the viewfinder). AFAIKT, the images are downloaded to my Mac with the image already rotated to the correct orientation. I've just checked the EXIF data for a downloaded photo I shot with vertical orientation, and it identifies the orientation as "Normal", so software like GC wouldn't try to rotate it again. --Gordon On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:30:57 -0400, Ernie Stamper <erniew@alltel.net> wrote: >The issue corrected itself with new plist creation. With new downloads >to a new folder, the preview rotated after the instruction to rotate >the image. The only change from the default selections was to again >check to use preview from EXIF. > >Can GC auto-rotate as images are downloaded from my Sony DSC V1 -- the >preference seems set to enable that? A download from a Kodak camera >appeared to do this, but perhaps the rotation took place in the camera. > I don't have the camera to test again. > >Thanks, > >Ernie > >On Monday, July 5, 2004, at 11:07 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > >> Hmm, what happens if you delete the prefs? >> >> Thorsten >> >> >> Am 05.07.2004 15:33 Uhr schrieb "Ernie Stamper" unter >> <erniew@alltel.net>: >> >> Hello, >> >> I do not find that specific preference in the Browser/General? I have >> found that if I uncheck the "don't create if EXIF preview available" >> that the thumbnail is rotated, but I had this checked previously. I >> further found that if the new refresh option is checked, photos >> previously rotated will have their preview rotated, when not having >> checked the "don't create if EXIF preview available", but toggling >> that alone had no impact on the preview rotation. I believe something >> about the new refresh option has changed also the permanence of the >> change in rotation on the preview? Previously, the preview would >> rotate even when the "don't create if EXIF preview available" was >> checked. My Previews are selected to always be temporary, btw. >> >> What is the intended purpose of the refresh option, as regards what >> was not happening previously? >> > > Ernie -- <http://galley.home.texas.net>