Printing problems

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Crockatt Brian

Printing problems

Post by Crockatt Brian »

I'm using an Epson C80, OSX 10.3 with 1 Gig RAM and GC 5.4. I'm working with 'tiff' images from scanning B&W photo's - at all dpi (1,200, 600, 300, 150 - the latter 2 as 'scaled' by GC). I have set the 'Edit Colour Profile' to my printer. When I try printing Catalog or individuals as 4 inches X 6 inches, in all cases the printer stops printing before the picture is completed and the incomplete end has not completed the colour-runs (i.e. there is a blue-tinged fade out at the incomplete end). Any suggestions? There have been no error messages as to memory conditions, etc and I am only running GC at these times - the printing just terminates when it is still incomplete.... Hope I've explained what's happening in a comprehensible manner. Cheers and holiday best wishes to Thorsten and all the group. Regards Brian
Hagen Henke

Re: Printing problems

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello, what happens if you create a preview? I think it is most likely you need to reinstall your printer driver or you need to install an update. Please check the Epson webpage. Regards, Hagen Henke Am 21.12.2004 19:04 Uhr schrieb "Crockatt Brian" unter <bcrockatt@sympatico.ca>: > > I'm using an Epson C80, OSX 10.3 with 1 Gig RAM and GC 5.4. I'm > working with 'tiff' images from scanning B&W photo's - at all dpi > (1,200, 600, 300, 150 - the latter 2 as 'scaled' by GC). > > I have set the 'Edit Colour Profile' to my printer. > > When I try printing Catalog or individuals as 4 inches X 6 inches, in > all cases the printer stops printing before the picture is completed > and the incomplete end has not completed the colour-runs (i.e. there is > a blue-tinged fade out at the incomplete end). > > Any suggestions? There have been no error messages as to memory > conditions, etc and I am only running GC at these times - the printing > just terminates when it is still incomplete.... > > Hope I've explained what's happening in a comprehensible manner. > > Cheers and holiday best wishes to Thorsten and all the group. > Regards > Brian > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >