feature request

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

feature request

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, It would be nice if there was a way for the eye dropper to get the average color of a selected area, not just a pixel. Kind of like the Stamp tool but using the paint bucket. Thanks, -- Bob Poland - Fort Collins, CO http://www.ibrb.org/
thorstenlemke

Re: feature request

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Bob, for the current selection? Thorsten > Thorsten, > > It would be nice if there was a way for the eye dropper to get the > average color of a selected area, not just a pixel. Kind of like the > Stamp tool but using the paint bucket. > > Thanks, > --
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

current selection - select an area to average. Maybe not an average color but like the stamp tool, paint with a texture. i.e. fill with the texture and color of the selected area. >Hello Bob, > >for the current selection? > >Thorsten > >> Thorsten, >> >> It would be nice if there was a way for the eye dropper to get the >> average color of a selected area, not just a pixel. Kind of like the >> Stamp tool but using the paint bucket. >> >> Thanks, >> -- > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > -- Bob Poland - Fort Collins, CO http://www.ibrb.org/
keith

Post by keith »

A very useful request Bob. keith On Feb 3, 2005, at 9:40 AM, Robert Poland wrote: > Thorsten, > > It would be nice if there was a way for the eye dropper to get the > average color of a selected area, not just a pixel. Kind of like the > Stamp tool but using the paint bucket. > > Thanks, > -- > Bob Poland - Fort Collins, CO > http://www.ibrb.org/ > > ********************************************************** "US Constitution, The Bill of Rights 12/15/1791"; 'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.'
Robert Poland

feature request

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, I do some scanning where I would scan an open faced book and then, in GC, trim the first page off . Then save as the second page number. The request is; the save as window comes up with the file name selected (not the extension) but any action seems to think the whole file name is selected. I would rather deal with the original selected name... a down arrow gos to the end of the file name and not the end of the (un-highlighted) extension. Tia, -- Bob Poland - Fort Collins, CO http://www.ibrb.org/
Jeff Shapiro

Post by Jeff Shapiro »

On Saturday 08 October 2005 11:05, Robert Poland wrote: > Thorsten, > > I do some scanning where I would scan an open faced book and then, in > GC, trim the first page off . Then save as the second page number. > > The request is; the save as window comes up with the file name > selected (not the extension) but any action seems to think the whole > file name is selected. I would rather deal with the original selected > name... a down arrow gos to the end of the file name and not the end > of the (un-highlighted) extension. With the filename selected (and not the extension), just hit the right arrow to go to the end of the selected text. (BTW, this works in just about all Mac programs.) -- Jeff Shapiro listserv only address
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

>On Saturday 08 October 2005 11:05, Robert Poland wrote: >> Thorsten, >> >> I do some scanning where I would scan an open faced book and then, in >> GC, trim the first page off . Then save as the second page number. >> >> The request is; the save as window comes up with the file name >> selected (not the extension) but any action seems to think the whole >> file name is selected. I would rather deal with the original selected >> name... a down arrow gos to the end of the file name and not the end >> of the (un-highlighted) extension. > >With the filename selected (and not the extension), just hit the right arrow >to go to the end of the selected text. (BTW, this works in just about all Mac >programs.) My apologies, I'm used to using the down arrow to get there, never tried the right arrow here. >-- >Jeff Shapiro >listserv only address -- Bob Poland - Fort Collins, CO http://www.ibrb.org/
Nelsn Helm

crop and save

Post by Nelsn Helm »

I try to crop [Command] [E] and save [Command] [S] A box asks cancel Save Selection Save Picture I klik save selection It does, but the picture on the screen is not cropped. To work with the cropped image, I must close the picture on the screen, telling it not to save, then open the cropped image. How can I save a cropped image and have it display on the screen, without closing and re-opening the image? Nelson Helm
Ernie Stamper

Re: crop and save

Post by Ernie Stamper »

Rather than Command E, use Command Y (same as Trim Selection in Pull-down under Edit) On Oct 12, 2005, at 2:54 AM, Nelsn Helm wrote: I try to crop       [Command] [E] and save       [Command] [S] A box asks       cancel       Save Selection       Save Picture I klik       save selection It does, but the picture on the screen is not cropped. To work with the cropped image, I must       close the picture on the screen,             telling it not to save,       then open the cropped image. How can I save a cropped image and have it display on the screen, without closing and re-opening the image? Nelson Helm YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS  Visit your group "gcmac" on the web.   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Ernie Stamper

Re: crop and save

Post by Ernie Stamper »

You should use Shift/Command/S rather than Command S, or rather than use Command E, use Command Y (same as Trim Selection in Pull-down under Edit).On Oct 12, 2005, at 2:54 AM, Nelsn Helm wrote: I try to crop       [Command] [E] and save       [Command] [S] A box asks       cancel       Save Selection       Save Picture I klik       save selection It does, but the picture on the screen is not cropped. To work with the cropped image, I must       close the picture on the screen,             telling it not to save,       then open the cropped image. How can I save a cropped image and have it display on the screen, without closing and re-opening the image? Nelson Helm YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS  Visit your group "gcmac" on the web.   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.