Navigation Service under Tiger

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Hagen Henke

Navigation Service under Tiger

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello, I found a problem under Tiger 4.0 and 4.2 as well and would like to ask you to try reproducing this to see weather the problem is only on my machine. In the preferences in Save / General I have "Suggest as save position source" enabled. In the file selector box I always use the list mode where all files are listet under each other, not the coloums mode. Problem: When I open an image file and save it with "File / Save a Copy as" to another folder than it's source folder where it was opened from the next time I save it or another image with "File / Save as" the file selector box shows a strange behavior: It displays the correct folder in the pop up menu for the path but in the section under the pop up the files of the last used folder from saving a copy are displayed. If the name is unchanged saving leads into the overwrite warning message so the folder in the pop up is the one really used. The problem disappears when I swith to the coloums mode in the file selector box. Thorsten thinks it is a bug in the navigation services of Tiger and before I report to Apple I would like to hear weather you can reproduce this. It does not happen under Panther. Thank you for your help. Regards, Hagen Henke