Re: Digest Number 853

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Micheal LeVine

Re: Digest Number 853

Post by Micheal LeVine »

It works fine for me: GC 5.7.3, MacOS 10.4.3MichealOn Nov 17, 2005, at 4:58 PM, gcmac@yahoogroups.com wrote: Message: 1             Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:50:21 -0800    From: Al Treder <altreder@earthlink.net> Subject: Making MOOVs with OS10.4.3 - NOT Thorsten, I believe I have found another incompatibility of GraphicConverter   with the very latest Mac OS. I have 10.4.3 with all updates, on a Mac   G4 and have done DiscUtility and TechTool Pro 4 maintenance to make   sure there is nothing discoverably wrong with the operating system or   files on my drives. However, even with the latest GC 5.7.3X freshly   installed I cannot produce a MOOV file on this operating system. As   late as a couple weeks ago I could, but not now. Everything looks   normal, no error messages, while GC chunks through the files in the   folder, but when it finishes there is no product file anywhere. That's a description of the problem I'm having, but there's more to   the story. I keep an older version of a Mac operating system on   another bootable hard drive just to cover times like this. Currently   I am maintaining OS10.3.9 as the backup, and that system has no   trouble producing the MOOV file as expected. I actually rebooted in   the older OS, and then ran that new copy of GraphicConverter 5.7.3X   on the main drive, working on the same files, and everything worked   out fine. The only difference was the operating system, which I think   proves that some recent "improvement" in Tiger has suddenly gotten in   the way of GC delivering a MOOV file to the intended location (it   does not show up in any unintended location either). I think but am not certain that this problem arrived with the update   from 10.4.2 to 10.4.3. -- Al Treder