Re: Digest Number 972

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
F3

Re: Digest Number 972

Post by F3 »

Hi! I don't know if this is any help to you, but this months (May, 2006) Macworld has an article in (search www.macworld.com- Secrets by Ben Long, Beauty in Black and White, or on page 76 of the magazine), that addresses the issue: "Depending on how you convert the colors, a single photo can produce dramatically different gray-scale images..." This link may or not take you to the article, but I think you will have to search it out as I did above. http://www.macworld.com/2006/04/secrets ... /index.php I learned a lot! Frank On Tuesday, April 11, 2006, at 04:35 PM, gcmac@yahoogroups.com wrote: > Message: 2 > Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:27:41 -0000 > From: "chri_schiller" <chri_schiller@yahoo.com> > Subject: Re: Taking colours out of a moon map > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Al Treder <altreder@...> wrote: >> If you open it in full color, then choose Pictures/Colors/Grayscale/ >> 256 and get the same thing. > > Unofrtunately, that is not what I want. You can see that the violet > parts > remain dark, and the yellow parts remain bright. > > What I am looking for (if it is ever possible - I am not sure) > is a change of the type > CMYK -> grey grey grey K > so that all colours get mapped to the same light grey value. > > I start to think that this is not at all possible, but I am not sure > about this either. > > Christoph