GC Metadata and Aperture

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
John Faughnan

GC Metadata and Aperture

Post by John Faughnan »

Has anyone tried importing images edited with GC into Aperture? Apparently Aperture 1.1 balks at some EXIF headers and won't import them, reporting instead a spurious error message: http://googlefaughnan.blogspot.com/2006 ... ormat.html I've run into problems with iPhoto not being able to read the EXIF headers GC appends to images that it's edited (that's why Thorsten added the 'iphoto compatible' checkbox). I know I have hundreds, if not thousands, of images saved that iPhoto can't read the exif data. This makes me worried that Aperture 1.1 will have the same problem. I'd like to find out if this is a problem before I buy. Any experience out there? Thanks, john
Dominick Issi

Selecting Picts for Slideshow in Browser View

Post by Dominick Issi »

OK ... guess I'm missing a selection somewhere ... but here's my problem. If I want to pick some JPGs for a slideshow in the browser, I find it sometimes taking up to 90 secs before I can scroll down through the browser ... e.g., if I were to select picts 1,3, 5, 11, 14, 20, 28, 34, etc using the "CMD-Select" process and want to scroll (up or down) using either the scroll wheel or slider, it might take 90 secs or more before I can scroll any further. I'm guess there's some sort of processing going on ... I just don't know what to do to turn it off. I'm using a 1.5MHZ G4 Powerbook with 1.5G memory running 10.4.5 and GC 5.8.2. Thanks///Dominik
thorstenlemke

Re: Selecting Picts for Slideshow in Browser View

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, hmm, do you work with permanent previews? Thorsten > Datum: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 01:40:02 -0400 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Selecting Picts for Slideshow in Browser View > > OK ... guess I'm missing a selection somewhere ... but here's my > problem. If I want to pick some JPGs for a slideshow in the browser, > I find it sometimes taking up to 90 secs before I can scroll down > through the browser ... e.g., if I were to select picts 1,3, 5, 11, > 14, 20, 28, 34, etc using the "CMD-Select" process and want to scroll > (up or down) using either the scroll wheel or slider, it might take > 90 secs or more before I can scroll any further. I'm guess there's > some sort of processing going on ... I just don't know what to do to > turn it off. I'm using a 1.5MHZ G4 Powerbook with 1.5G memory running > 10.4.5 and GC 5.8.2. > > Thanks///Dominik >
Dominick Issi

Post by Dominick Issi »

Thorsten,If what you mean by "permanent" is do I allow GC to build permanent previews of JPGs, etc. that allows me to see a miniature of the slide, then the answer is "Yes". When I'm in the GC browser I can view all of the slides in any particular folder. I then pick those I wish to select for a slideshow viewing ... and that's when I begin to have the long waits before I can scroll up/down in that folder. By the way ... these JPGs can be anywhere from 200k to 10M ... file size doesn't seem to be the deciding factor on the hang-up.Dominick====================================On Apr 17, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: Hello, hmm, do you work with permanent previews? Thorsten > Datum: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 01:40:02 -0400 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Selecting Picts for Slideshow in Browser View > > OK ... guess I'm missing a selection somewhere ... but here's my > problem. If I want to pick some JPGs for a slideshow in the browser, > I find it sometimes taking up to 90 secs before I can scroll down > through the browser ... e.g., if I were to select picts 1,3, 5, 11, > 14, 20, 28, 34, etc using the "CMD-Select" process and want to scroll > (up or down) using either the scroll wheel or slider, it might take > 90 secs or more before I can scroll any further. I'm guess there's > some sort of processing going on ... I just don't know what to do to > turn it off. I'm using a 1.5MHZ G4 Powerbook with 1.5G memory running > 10.4.5 and GC 5.8.2. > > Thanks///Dominik > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS  Visit your group "gcmac" on the web.   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Robert H. Rivkin

Post by Robert H. Rivkin »

Re: [gcmac] Selecting Picts for Slideshow in Browser View I have had this happen, but only when I have many — upwards of 8+ --  .mpg or .avi in the browser folder. On 4/17/06 3:05 PM, "Dominick Issi" <fissi@cox.net> wrote: Thorsten, If what you mean by "permanent" is do I allow GC to build permanent previews of JPGs, etc. that allows me to see a miniature of the slide, then the answer is "Yes". When I'm in the GC browser I can view all of the slides in any particular folder. I then pick those I wish to select for a slideshow viewing ... and that's when I begin to have the long waits before I can scroll up/down in that folder. By the way ... these JPGs can be anywhere from 200k to 10M ... file size doesn't seem to be the deciding factor on the hang-up. Dominick ==================================== On Apr 17, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:  Hello,    hmm, do you work with permanent previews?    Thorsten    > Datum: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 01:40:02 -0400  > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>  > Betreff: [gcmac] Selecting Picts for Slideshow in Browser View  >  > OK ... guess I'm missing a selection somewhere ... but here's my  > problem. If I want to pick some JPGs for a slideshow in the browser,  > I find it sometimes taking up to 90 secs before I can scroll down  > through the browser ... e.g., if I were to select picts 1,3, 5, 11,  > 14, 20, 28, 34, etc using the "CMD-Select" process and want to scroll  > (up or down) using either the scroll wheel or slider, it might take  > 90 secs or more before I can scroll any further. I'm guess there's  > some sort of processing going on ... I just don't know what to do to  > turn it off. I'm using a 1.5MHZ G4 Powerbook with 1.5G memory running  > 10.4.5 and GC 5.8.2.  >  > Thanks///Dominik  >                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS      Visit your group "gcmac <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac> " on the web.      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:  gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <mailto:gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .               YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS Visit your group "gcmac <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac> " on the web. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <mailto:gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .