ER: Live Resize

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Walter Ian Kaye

ER: Live Resize

Post by Walter Ian Kaye »

As part of my workflow, I could use something like this: (I hope this ASCII art remains intact...) ..-----------------------------------------------------------. :: _____ 640x480 (307200) _____ : :: W [200__] (*) __ [1280_] : :: _____ <] ==========: :============ [> _____ : :: H [150__] ( ) \/ [960__] : ::-----------------------------------------------------------: :: Orig: 1600x1200 Detent: 5 Round: 5 (Pixels) Scale: 40% : ''-----------------------------------------------------------' Season to taste, but you get the idea. Kind of like "OK, let's try 645px wide... now try 650px wide... now try 655px -- oops, too big." It's time consuming to do that now, and would go way faster with a feature like this. The radio buttons determine whether the detent/ round operates on the width or height. Clicking on a left or right triangle decreases or increases the width (or height) by the detent value. This live resize would always keep the aspect ratio proportion. My sketch is just a rough draft; actual UI could be different. thanks, -Walter