gps precision

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
itabashinoyatsu

gps precision

Post by itabashinoyatsu »

Hello! The new "Set GPS from current Google Earth position" is great, but I with it were a little greater. It seems that the recorded coordinates in GraphicConverter are rounded to integer seconds of arc, which is about the size of a large house. Google Earth works with 1/100th of a second of arc of precision. Why cannot GraphicConverter use the full precision? Perhaps we need Google Earth Plus? Best regards, Luca
thorstenlemke

Re: gps precision

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [gcmac] gps precision Hello, hmm, should work. Do you use the UB or X version? Thorsten Von: itabashinoyatsu <gorni@dimi.uniud.it> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Datum: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:21:43 -0000 An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Betreff: [gcmac] gps precision       Hello! The new "Set GPS from current Google Earth position" is great, but I with it were a little greater. It seems that the recorded coordinates in GraphicConverter are rounded to integer seconds of arc, which is about the size of a large house. Google Earth works with 1/100th of a second of arc of precision. Why cannot GraphicConverter use the full precision? Perhaps we need Google Earth Plus? Best regards, Luca             .     
itabashinoyatsu

Post by itabashinoyatsu »

I had the X version. Now I tried with the UB version, and I do get decimals in the gps tags! I am going to switch to UB. Unfortunately, the UB version has separate preferences. Is there an easy way to import the X preferences? Luca --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemkesoft@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > hmm, should work. > Do you use the UB or X version? > > Thorsten > > Von: itabashinoyatsu <gorni@...> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:21:43 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] gps precision > > > > > > > Hello! > > The new "Set GPS from current Google Earth position" > is great, but I with it were a little greater. > > It seems that the recorded coordinates in GraphicConverter are rounded to > integer seconds of arc, which is about the size of a large house. > > Google Earth works with 1/100th of a second of arc of precision. > > Why cannot GraphicConverter use the full precision? > > Perhaps we need Google Earth Plus? > > Best regards, > Luca > > > > > > . >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [gcmac] Re: gps precision Hi, I fixed it in the X version: http://www.graphicconverter.net/beta/gc601b1x.dmg Thorsten ( Von: itabashinoyatsu <gorni@dimi.uniud.it> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Datum: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 13:30:41 -0000 An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Betreff: [gcmac] Re: gps precision       I had the X version. Now I tried with the UB version, and I do get decimals in the gps tags! I am going to switch to UB. Unfortunately, the UB version has separate preferences. Is there an easy way to import the X preferences? Luca        .