Problem with new versions of GC

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Ed Gould

Problem with new versions of GC

Post by Ed Gould »

I have been having various issues with the newer versions of GC. It is a little difficult to understand but I will try to do so. I use slide show extensively and when I start it up it seems to skip (before the show starts) certain JPGs that are in the folder. I can selectively double click these skipped jpgs on and GC will display them but it gives an error message saying that a color profile is missing. The current version I am using is GC602b2ub (debug version) but it has happened before on GC602b????. This seemingly new feature is driving me nuts. Can anyone help me? Ed
thorstenlemke

Re: Problem with new versions of GC

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [gcmac] Problem with new versions of GC Hello, can I please get a set of files for testing? Thorsten Von: Ed Gould <edgould1948@comcast.net> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Datum: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 06:03:00 -0500 An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Betreff: [gcmac] Problem with new versions of GC       I have been having various issues with the newer versions of GC. It   is a little difficult to understand but I will try to do so. I use slide show extensively and when I start it up it seems to skip   (before the show starts) certain JPGs that are in the folder. I can   selectively double click these skipped jpgs on and GC will display   them but it gives an error message saying that a color profile is   missing. The current version I am using is GC602b2ub (debug version) but it   has happened before on GC602b????. This seemingly new feature is   driving me nuts. Can anyone help me? Ed                              .     
Ed Gould

Post by Ed Gould »

I waited a day and did not hear anything so I deleted the pictures in question. Ed On Oct 29, 2007, at 12:25 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hello, > > can I please get a set of files for testing? > > Thorsten > > Von: Ed Gould <edgould1948@comcast.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 06:03:00 -0500 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Problem with new versions of GC > > > > > > I have been having various issues with the newer versions of GC. It > is a little difficult to understand but I will try to do so. > > I use slide show extensively and when I start it up it seems to skip > (before the show starts) certain JPGs that are in the folder. I can > selectively double click these skipped jpgs on and GC will display > them but it gives an error message saying that a color profile is > missing. > > The current version I am using is GC602b2ub (debug version) but it > has happened before on GC602b????. This seemingly new feature is > driving me nuts. Can anyone help me? > > Ed > > > > > > . > > >
keith_w

Post by keith_w »

Ed Gould wrote: > I waited a day and did not hear anything so I deleted the pictures in > question. > > Ed A whole day? You waited a WHOLE day? Wow! Astounding that one can wait that long, even if he IS a terribly busy man! On the other hand, what you needed to find out is now irretrievably lost. Happy? keith whaley > On Oct 29, 2007, at 12:25 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> can I please get a set of files for testing? >> >> Thorsten
Ed Gould

Post by Ed Gould »

On Oct 30, 2007, at 11:18 AM, keith_w wrote: > Ed Gould wrote: > > I waited a day and did not hear anything so I deleted the > pictures in > > question. > > > > Ed > > A whole day? You waited a WHOLE day? Wow! > Astounding that one can wait that long, even if he IS a terribly > busy man! > On the other hand, what you needed to find out is now irretrievably > lost. > Happy? > > keith whaley > Keith, I get several hundred pix a day that I have to go through. It is a daunting task when you have other people depending on me to do various day to day duties like taking people to their doctor and taking people shopping plus the stuff that I need to get done (ie taking dog on her walkies) and other duties. Its a wonder I have time to look at that many pix. Yes I do this extra stuff as a favor for people who are unable to do it for themselves. Plus my many own various doctors appointments. Sometimes I don't know where I am. Trying to keep track of pix and fending off bugs in GC is not my idea of a good time. Before v6 GC was reasonably bug free but with V6 there have been a lot more than a few bugs, IMO. In the future I will be reluctant to go to a new version because of issues with V6. Ed
Tom Robinson

Post by Tom Robinson »

Hey Ed, I think Keith made a good point that you asked for help but didn't bother waiting around for an answer--other people are busy too :-) Personally I haven't had any problems with v6 and didn't notice an increase of traffic on this list. Remember you do have a choice with software, particularly with something as self-contained as GraphicConverter--it's prudent to wait for a few 'point' releases after a major upgrade, and easy enough to revert to a previous version if you do get caught. Cheers On 2007-10-31, at 09:31, Ed Gould wrote: > > On Oct 30, 2007, at 11:18 AM, keith_w wrote: > > > Ed Gould wrote: > > > I waited a day and did not hear anything so I deleted the > > pictures in > > > question. > > > > > > Ed > > > > A whole day? You waited a WHOLE day? Wow! > > Astounding that one can wait that long, even if he IS a terribly > > busy man! > > On the other hand, what you needed to find out is now irretrievably > > lost. > > Happy? > > > > keith whaley > > > > Keith, > > I get several hundred pix a day that I have to go through. It is a > daunting task when you have other people depending on me to do > various day to day duties like taking people to their doctor and > taking people shopping plus the stuff that I need to get done (ie > taking dog on her walkies) and other duties. Its a wonder I have time > to look at that many pix. Yes I do this extra stuff as a favor for > people who are unable to do it for themselves. Plus my many own > various doctors appointments. Sometimes I don't know where I am. > Trying to keep track of pix and fending off bugs in GC is not my idea > of a good time. Before v6 GC was reasonably bug free but with V6 > there have been a lot more than a few bugs, IMO. In the future I will > be reluctant to go to a new version because of issues with V6. > > Ed > > > -- I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose
Ed Gould

Post by Ed Gould »

On Oct 30, 2007, at 3:45 PM, Tom Robinson wrote: > Hey Ed, I think Keith made a good point that you asked for help but > didn't bother waiting around for an answer--other people are busy > too :-) > > Personally I haven't had any problems with v6 and didn't notice an > increase of traffic on this list. Remember you do have a choice with > software, particularly with something as self-contained as > GraphicConverter--it's prudent to wait for a few 'point' releases > after a major upgrade, and easy enough to revert to a previous > version if you do get caught. > > Cheers > I don't sit around complaining about every bug I hit. If I did I would never have enough time to get through the day. I only complain when it really hurts, ask my doctors:( I have been through several major operations in the last few years and I know you just don't sit still and wait for something to cure you. You forge ahead and then if a fix comes in for something that happened 2 or 3 days (weeks) you say good but what about this issue. I am still awaiting fixes to some of my health issues that occurred 3 or so years ago. That being said there are exceptions like say my computer stopped booting up is a show stopper (for me) GC is one part of my regular daily "duties". Ed