browser in 6.1

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
itabashinoyatsu

browser in 6.1

Post by itabashinoyatsu »

Hi! I have found that in the last couple of weeks the behaviour of the GC browser has changed a bit in a way that I don't like. I am not sure, but I think the novelty has come with version 6.1. First, the preview window is not any more a panel in the browser, but a separate window. I would not care about this change in itself, but unfortunately the preview window disappears whenever I open the iptc window. I would like to have both visible at the same time, as happened before. This is because I used to write in the iptc window based on what I saw in the preview. Second, there used to be a rectangle inside the preview that was enlarged to 100%. Now I don't see it any more, and I miss it. (By the way, in the old days, when I had the iptc window open, I could not move the enlargement rectangle around. I had to close the iptc, move the rectangle, and then open the iptc again. This was a bit annoying.) Perhaps I can get the old-style browser by playing with the preferences, but I could not figure out how. Best regards, Luca
thorstenlemke

Re: browser in 6.1

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [gcmac] browser in 6.1 Hi, Click on the preview icon in the footer to change it. Also, you can modify the preview area with the context menu. Thorsten Von: itabashinoyatsu <gorni@dimi.uniud.it> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Datum: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:32:33 -0000 An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Betreff: [gcmac] browser in 6.1     Hi! I have found that in the last couple of weeks the behaviour of the GC browser has changed a bit in a way that I don't like. I am not sure, but I think the novelty has come with version 6.1. First, the preview window is not any more a panel in the browser, but a separate window. I would not care about this change in itself, but unfortunately the preview window disappears whenever I open the iptc window. I would like to have both visible at the same time, as happened before. This is because I used to write in the iptc window based on what I saw in the preview. Second, there used to be a rectangle inside the preview that was enlarged to 100%. Now I don't see it any more, and I miss it. (By the way, in the old days, when I had the iptc window open, I could not move the enlargement rectangle around. I had to close the iptc, move the rectangle, and then open the iptc again. This was a bit annoying.) Perhaps I can get the old-style browser by playing with the preferences, but I could not figure out how. Best regards, Luca   .