GC 6.2 a�0 UB

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
William Teagardin

GC 6.2 a�0 UB

Post by William Teagardin »

I got a few items that all have been around awhile but I confirmed that they are still present in 6.2 a�0. 1.) Slide show - I show the slide show tool bar which includes buttons for the sort folders. I keep forgetting which button corresponds to which folder. Is it possible to display the sort folder name (I don't need the whole path) if the cursor is left on the button for a few seconds without clicking? 2.) After performing a comparison on two images - when I close the resultant image - I am asked if I want to save. It doesn't hurt anything but it seems weird to me. 3.) I most frequently use the GC Browser to sort images into one of multiple sub-folders of a main folder on the desktop. I often close the Browser window and come back to complete the job later. The Browser always returns to the previous position within the folder but always opens with the sort selection set to "NAME". My usual selection for the "SORT" is "Modification Date". Would it be possible to have the Browser remember both position and sort criteria? 4.) When I open a new folder (usually 500 images) in the Browser the images are all displayed by one of two icons. Sometimes all are "Little Red Schoolhouse" and sometimes they all are a much larger grey-green house with a large "X" superimposed. I have never been able to determine the reason for one or the other. I also have the preferences set to automatically create previews of all images in the folder. Previously (6 months ago) while the Browser was working on this there was a visual indication (Cursor alternating between the Arrow and the Little B&W Twirly) as well as the status bar showing the number of the images remaining to be converted. I think that I may have lost this when I switched over to the UB. 5.) When I open an animated .gif image if the tool bar is on the animation will not run. If the tool bar is not displayed then the animation runs normally. 6.) When doing a "Duplicate File Search" (similar mode) the file number during the "Comparing" phase appears below the word "Comparing" it should be to the right side of the function as are the others (Reading, Opening). William Teagardin Power MAC G4 800 Meg Hz 1.5 Gig RAM 120 Gig HD OS-X (10.4.11) 56Kb DialUp Modem iCab 4.1.1 a�61 UB G.C. 6.2 a�0 UB