problems with convert & modify

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Nancy Pistole

problems with convert & modify

Post by Nancy Pistole »

#ygrps-yiv-271134491 .ygrps-yiv-271134491hmmessage P { margin:0px;padding:0px;} #ygrps-yiv-271134491 .ygrps-yiv-271134491hmmessage { font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} Sorry, I forgot the subject lineHi,  I am having some problems with images that I have converted in GC and then imported into Powerpoint. I'll explain what I did, and maybe someone can point out what I'm doing wrong.  I had a folder of jpeg and tiff images taken from several cameras (Canon and Pentax). Each image file was bigger than necessary, so I ran the folder through the Convert function under Convert & Modify. In the batch function, each image was reduced to a smaller size and the file name was modified. Then I imported the folder of images into Powerpoint, but every image came out very pixelated. So I did some experimenting, and came up with additional facts: -if I run any image through the convert batch process, even if I only modify the file name and don't change anything else, the image looks bad in Powerpoint. (Actually, they look bad in any program.)-if I change the image size by just using Save As, reducing the quality, and saving as a jpeg, the image looks fine in Powerpoint.-I am using GC 6.3I can only use the Save As method if I open up each image individually to change, so the idea was to use a batch function to do all the images. What is the Convert process doing to the images to mess them up? What is the best way to reduce the size of all the images?
Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.