Problem with preview

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Roberto Manuel Latorre

Problem with preview

Post by Roberto Manuel Latorre »

Hei: I have a main, internal HDD in my iMac, and also an external HDD connected to the FW800 port. Here is the problem: While I have all kinds of pictures with their images showing in their folders in my internal drive, whenever I move them to my external drive, they just show the generic GC icon. I download pictures from my digital camera to this external drive, and it also happens that way: I see only icons.  Any ideas?  Hope is the feeling one has, that the feeling one has is temporary.Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else.
thorstenlemke

Re: Problem with preview

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Roberto, Many thanks for your e-mail. Please download the latest beta: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Can you reproduce the bug? If yes: please try to delete the preferences file. Can you reproduce the bug? Regards Thorsten Lemke > Von: Roberto Manuel Latorre <ronin55calo@yahoo.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:25:42 -0800 (PST) > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Problem with preview > > Hei:I have a main, internal HDD in my iMac, and also an external HDD connected > to the FW800 port. Here is the problem: While I have all kinds of pictures > with their images showing in their folders in my internal drive, whenever I > move them to my external drive, they just show the generic GC icon. I download > pictures from my digital camera to this external drive, and it also happens > that way: I see only icons. > > Any ideas? > Hope is the feeling one has, that the feeling one has is temporary. > Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else. > > > >
John Hill

Re: Problem with preview

Post by John Hill »

Roberti, I think your problem MAY be similar to that reported by Matti (havema1) in his "Wrong file creator" thread.How are your internal and external drives formatted? If they are the same, that isn't the problem, but if they are not it's just possible that the Finder file data is being corrupted or made unrecognisable.What happens if you copy the files back to your internal drive? Do the icons reappear?John. On 4 Feb 2010, at 03:25, Roberto Manuel Latorre wrote:   Hei: I have a main, internal HDD in my iMac, and also an external HDD connected to the FW800 port. Here is the problem: While I have all kinds of pictures with their images showing in their folders in my internal drive, whenever I move them to my external drive, they just show the generic GC icon. I download pictures from my digital camera to this external drive, and it also happens that way: I see only icons.  Any ideas?  Hope is the feeling one has, that the feeling one has is temporary.Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else.