GC Title Font Size Reduced on Save

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
wmfwilliams

GC Title Font Size Reduced on Save

Post by wmfwilliams »

GC 6.6.1; VueScan Professional 8.5.21; 2002 QuickSilver G4 PPC, 933mhz, 2MB L3 Cache, 1.5GB SDRAM, 10.4.11 w/all updates; Epson Perfection 2580 Photo scanner. I've undertaken to scan and title 35mm slides from 40+ slide trays (100 slides per tray), to be burned onto DVDs for our son and daughter, since their growing up is displayed on these slides. Soooo... Scanning 35mm color slides w/Epson 2580 scanner using VueScan. Trimming to top and sides of images, but including black portion of slide mount across bottom for title. Result saved as TIFF format and opened in GC. Title and identification in Lucinda Grande 12 point bold added w/GC. When finished saving to file as TIFF. (Ultimately these images will be converted to JPG with GC before burning to DVDs.) Similar scanning and titling has been done before w/no problems. However... Recently when the titled slide is saved with GC, suddenly the title is reduced to maybe 6 point or smaller on the title. If I select the "bottom layer" (which contains the title) and delete it, the title in GC returns to 12 point Lucinda Grande Bold. If I then save the desired title line is preserved -- apparently permanently. Does anybody have a cure for this? Even an explanation would be appreciated. Selah! BWms