Re: older Apples

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Wayne Eligur

Re: older Apples

Post by Wayne Eligur »

Yes, good point - mine is and was that I can do what a new machine does on a 10 year old machine like mine, yet little slower not much surprisingly. I do GC on a new iMac with very meagre increase in speed ... I have had crashes with Preview Safari Color-Sync and iCab on OS 10.5 and wish to say the new platforms are not stable and why new updates are introduced so often anyway? Why compared with Perfect Panthe,r Tiger was a 'dangerous shell' of any real OS when it came out 10.4.00 that is. Among those defects: I did rename prefs. to 'blank' it took the change and proceeded to spirally crash the OS! Many things wrong are hidden with: speed bulldozed though with microwave speed processors these days hiding faulty cumbersome programming; and logic errors all through it. Take an application such as iCab, has an error reporter, go to any website and hundreds of illegal protocol javascript coding on each page is common. Not many people are programming these days with any talent, or intelligence etc. Where is AI? Only a truly bastardized version on Google Translate? Much virus is injected by our government blamed on hackers who by their love of computing, always I felt was unfair, and I am so certain now, by my experiences only, every attack is sponsored by Uncle Sam. Spam Adware and name it. Why?