Offset

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Wayne Eligur

Offset

Post by Wayne Eligur »

The browser problem is same issue with my experiences: Re: browser acts erratic at some times. While it can open large groups of files lately the slide show part of it acts up by slow presentation at odd times usually larger files do this. The quickness in one way - loading folders of large quantity - and the quirky trouble, and not often due find; 'rendering' is a small concern. As in this example: When use of slideshow if the files are small in general the system goes OK. Same thing with rather large files - a easy logical opening of each file pre-fetching the file in advance or however it is programmed. If small and large files are done, at the same time, lately it is a bother it seems for (sometimes, now) GC to smooth out the pre-fetching of file data. The newer version has faster browser display I note but some issues like the above. I recall the few years' old GC wherein the memory allocation was too small for real big files. A small "question": Where did the "BURN IN' option on the pull down menus come from? This is under the "picture menu" that is? It does improve details by large bit and can go on for a good while. Is there a WINDOWS version of GC? Wayne