GC 7 Browser - Left Pane & Center Pane

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Marino Pascal

GC 7 Browser - Left Pane & Center Pane

Post by Marino Pascal »

Big improvements in GC 7 browser. #1 You can drag folders in the left pane into other folders in the left pane. In GC 6 you couldn't. #2 In the center pane you can drag and drop files and folders into other folders. In GC6 you had to find the "secret" magic spot in the top left corner of the thumb's cell. #3 You can adjust thumbnail size with a slider. Changes #1 IN GC6 the Preview would appear instantly. In GC7 it first appears out of focus and then sharpens. There is a lag. Even with small 100KB JPGs. #2The creation/modification date appears as Sep 30, 2010 instead of 9/30/2010 that it was in GC6. The problem with that is that it takes more space and if the the thumbs are too small the date appears as "Sep 30, 2...." Can't see the year. #3 IN GC6 the drop area could hold only one row of 15 thumbs in my 13" macbook. In GC7 the drop area is vertically adjustable but instead of allowing for multiple rows, it increases the thumb size. I was hoping for multiple rows so that you can reorder 50-150 images at a time. Improvements I was hoping to see and haven't. #1 Be able to rename folders in the *left pane* by clicking on the folder name. #2 Be able to delete folders in the *left pane* with the delete key or trash icon You can do these things with ImageBrowser, Picasa, Canon Image Browser. In GC6 you could rename/delete with the contextual menu. (I'm fine with that but noobs don't get it) In GC7 you have to go to the parent folder and then try to find again in the center pane the folder you want to rename/delete or control click, reveal in Finder and do it from the Finder. Both methods are counter intuitive. Marino Pascal