Transparency issues

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Richard Gronostajski

Transparency issues

Post by Richard Gronostajski »

When I select using the Magic pen and then choose make selection transparent, the selected area changes colors apparently at random, it doesn't go transparent. Am I doing something wrong? What is the easiest way to make things transparent? Rich
thorstenlemke

Re: Transparency issues

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Rich, Can I please get your image for testing? Thorsten > Von: Richard Gronostajski <gronos@mac.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 22:32:52 -0400 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Transparency issues > > When I select using the Magic pen and then choose make selection transparent, > the selected area changes colors apparently at random, it doesn't go > transparent. Am I doing something wrong? What is the easiest way to make > things transparent? > > Rich >
Robert Poland

Transparency issues

Post by Robert Poland »

All, I used a script in Photoshop CS3 to save layers of a PSD file to individual PNG files. The PSD layers are all black text with a transparent background. Now with some of the PNG files the background is no longer transparent. GC says that PNG doesn’t support transparency. Is that true? Any suggestions on how I can repair them? TIA, Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Robert, PNG supports transparency and an alpha channel (in 32 bit mode). Do you use the current 9.2.1? Thorsten > All, > > I used a script in Photoshop CS3 to save layers of a PSD file to individual PNG files. > > The PSD layers are all black text with a transparent background. > > Now with some of the PNG files the background is no longer transparent. > > GC says that PNG doesn’t support transparency. Is that true? > > Any suggestions on how I can repair them? > > > TIA, > > Robert Poland > Fort Collins CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Interesting, I went back with the idea I would send you a copy of the error window. "Make selection transparent" works this time. On Jun 26, 2014, at 1:02:PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Dear Robert, > > PNG supports transparency and an alpha channel (in 32 bit mode). > Do you use the current 9.2.1? > > Thorsten > > >> All, >> >> I used a script in Photoshop CS3 to save layers of a PSD file to individual PNG files. >> >> The PSD layers are all black text with a transparent background. >> >> Now with some of the PNG files the background is no longer transparent. >> >> GC says that PNG doesn’t support transparency. Is that true? >> >> Any suggestions on how I can repair them? >> >> >> TIA, >> >> Robert Poland >> Fort Collins CO > > > > ------------------------------------ > > ------------------------------------ > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Is there a command that will change a selected color to transparent? On Jun 26, 2014, at 1:02:PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Dear Robert, > > PNG supports transparency and an alpha channel (in 32 bit mode). > Do you use the current 9.2.1? > > Thorsten > > >> All, >> >> I used a script in Photoshop CS3 to save layers of a PSD file to individual PNG files. >> >> The PSD layers are all black text with a transparent background. >> >> Now with some of the PNG files the background is no longer transparent. >> >> GC says that PNG doesn’t support transparency. Is that true? >> >> Any suggestions on how I can repair them? >> >> >> TIA, >> >> Robert Poland >> Fort Collins CO Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, you can use the transparency tool (in the toolbar) to define the transparent color. You can use the menu item create alpha channel from transparency in the menu. Thorsten > Thorsten, > > Is there a command that will change a selected color to transparent? > > > On Jun 26, 2014, at 1:02:PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > >> Dear Robert, >> >> PNG supports transparency and an alpha channel (in 32 bit mode). >> Do you use the current 9.2.1? >> >> Thorsten >>
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, I'm doing that now but with black text on a white background that's very tedious. Please add a feature to select a color and change it all to transparent. Thanks, Sent from my iPad Bob Poland J > On Jun 27, 2014, at 12:33 AM, "Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > Hi Robert, > > you can use the transparency tool (in the toolbar) to define the transparent color. > You can use the menu item create alpha channel from transparency in the menu. > > Thorsten > > >> Thorsten, >> >> Is there a command that will change a selected color to transparent? >> >> >>> On Jun 26, 2014, at 1:02:PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >>> >>> Dear Robert, >>> >>> PNG supports transparency and an alpha channel (in 32 bit mode). >>> Do you use the current 9.2.1? >>> >>> Thorsten >>> > > > > ------------------------------------ > > ------------------------------------ > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > >
Robert Poland

Re: Transparency issues - More

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Would it be possible to add to “Find & Replace” the option to replace with Transparent rather than a color? On Jun 27, 2014, at 2:26:AM, Robert Poland <rpoland2@gmail.com> wrote: > Thorsten, > > I'm doing that now but with black text on a white background that's very tedious. > > Please add a feature to select a color and change it all to transparent. > > Thanks, > > Sent from my iPad > Bob Poland > J >> On Jun 27, 2014, at 12:33 AM, "Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >> >> Hi Robert, >> >> you can use the transparency tool (in the toolbar) to define the transparent color. >> You can use the menu item create alpha channel from transparency in the menu. >> >> Thorsten >> >> >>> Thorsten, >>> >>> Is there a command that will change a selected color to transparent? >>> >>> >>>> On Jun 26, 2014, at 1:02:PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >>>> >>>> Dear Robert, >>>> >>>> PNG supports transparency and an alpha channel (in 32 bit mode). >>>> Do you use the current 9.2.1? >>>> >>>> Thorsten >>>> Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
Robert Poland

Re: Transparency issues - More

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Found a workaround. Using the “Find & Replace” with the Replace window selected choose and click on an area that is transparent. Then click Replace. Thorsten, Would it be possible to add to “Find & Replace” the option to replace with Transparent rather than a color? On Jun 27, 2014, at 2:26:AM, Robert Poland <rpoland2@gmail.com> wrote: > Thorsten, > > I'm doing that now but with black text on a white background that's very tedious. > > Please add a feature to select a color and change it all to transparent. > > Thanks, > > Sent from my iPad > Bob Poland > J >> On Jun 27, 2014, at 12:33 AM, "Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >> >> Hi Robert, >> >> you can use the transparency tool (in the toolbar) to define the transparent color. >> You can use the menu item create alpha channel from transparency in the menu. >> >> Thorsten >> >> >>> Thorsten, >>> >>> Is there a command that will change a selected color to transparent? >>> >>> >>>> On Jun 26, 2014, at 1:02:PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >>>> >>>> Dear Robert, >>>> >>>> PNG supports transparency and an alpha channel (in 32 bit mode). >>>> Do you use the current 9.2.1? >>>> >>>> Thorsten >>>> Robert Poland Fort Collins CO