Functions I use regularly in 6 and miss in 7 ...

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
M

Functions I use regularly in 6 and miss in 7 ...

Post by M »

BROWSER: - MISSING: use TAB to switch the keyboard focus between folder tree and browser window, i.e. navigate folders up and down (and unfold/fold) with cursor keys and the focus on the left column of the browsers, then press TAB to jump into the browser window and navigate through the actual pictures to rename or tag them with labels. - MISSING: select any number of pictures in the browser "center column", then right-click on a folder in the folder tree. GC6 would offer "New Folder" in the context menu, and this "new folder" would pop up a dialog with the folder name pre-filled with the common text of all highlighted file names, i.e. a number of images like "2010-05-10 11.01.jpg ... 2010-05-10 13.17.jpg" would create an entry "2010-05-10 1" for the folder name, PLUS there would be a nice checkbox to "move selected items into new folder". Very convenient for organizing lots of digital images into subfolders. - OK with the latest beta: "ENTER" key to rename, like in the finder. :) Still sticking with GC6 for now, but GC7 works "smoother" in the browser. GC6 had a tendency to hang at large images (10000x5000 or larger) or large collections, while the preview was building.