Re: Random Order Slide Show from Browser - was: Re: [ANN] GraphicCon

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Frank Lockwood

Re: Random Order Slide Show from Browser - was: Re: [ANN] GraphicCon

Post by Frank Lockwood »

What I discovered on my own was that the random slide-show was actually caused by a setting - it's not a bug, it's a feature!With an open browser, there is a tiny triangle next to the "Slideshow" icon. Clicking on this will give you the options or Random or Normal slide shows. In the Normal setting, I've found that the slide show order will follow whatever setting I have made the Browser display (reverse alphabetical, creation date, etc.). While it's handy to have this particular setting accessed right beside the Slide Show icon, I have to wonder if there are not too many confusing places to make changes to various settings - menu items, preferences, the gear icon in the browser, etc. It turns out that my initial difficulty came from experiencing an issue (ultimately discovered to be of my own making) and then looking in all the wrong places for the remedy - can/should this design philosophy be modified? -- Frank Lockwood - Lockwood ARSSpecialized Recording Servicesfor Classical and Acoustic MusicToronto, Ontario, Canadahttp://www.LockwoodARS.com