Picture >> Median...

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
ross_si

Picture >> Median...

Post by ross_si »

How to run the Median... command so to apply the median filter properly? I'm running 6.7.4 and the Median... command averages ONLY in the horizontal. It used not to behave this way and I've hoped upgrades would produce a fix. I can't run version 7 and still the behaviour is not as it should be. Ross Canberra, Australia
thorstenlemke

Re: Picture >> Median...

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I am confused. Median does apply to the complete graphic. Thorsten > Von: ross_si <ross_si@yahoo.com.au> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 00:12:55 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Picture >> Median... > > How to run the Median... command so to apply the median filter properly? > I'm running 6.7.4 and the Median... command averages ONLY in the horizontal. > It used not to behave this way and I've hoped upgrades would produce a fix. > I can't run version 7 and still the behaviour is not as it should be. > Ross > Canberra, Australia >
ross_si

Re: Picture >> Median...

Post by ross_si »

Thanks for your helpful response. Yes, I'm confused too. That's why I asked the question. I've upgraded to 6.7.7 and the problem persists. Imagine pixel values 2 4 2 4 2 4 4 6 4 6 4 6 4 8 4 8 4 8 The Picture >> Median... command will produce 3 3 3 3 3 3 5 5 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 6 6 to produce a combed effect. That is it only averages values in the horizontal. That is unlike it used to. There is no true Median effect in the vertical ie. no median blurring over a RADIUS. I'll try to upload my samples. Ross --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I am confused. Median does apply to the complete graphic. > > Thorsten > > > Von: ross_si <ross_si@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 00:12:55 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Picture >> Median... > > > > How to run the Median... command so to apply the median filter properly? > > I'm running 6.7.4 and the Median... command averages ONLY in the horizontal. > > It used not to behave this way and I've hoped upgrades would produce a fix. > > I can't run version 7 and still the behaviour is not as it should be. > > Ross > > Canberra, Australia > > >