Rotation jaggis

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
dknodel@swbell.net

Rotation jaggis

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

When I rotate an image, usually with 'other value with line' sometimes the results have jagged edges.  Why is this?  Something to do with the original image?  Hagen's manual says width divisible by 16.And to edit jpeg, save as a TIFF and THEN rotate?dvd
thorstenlemke

Re: Rotation jaggis

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Please use the rotate with line ... That will display an options dialog. Select the best quality option. Thorsten > Von: "dknodel@swbell.net" <dknodel@swbell.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:34:11 -0600 > An: "gcmac@yahoogroups.com" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Rotation jaggis > > When I rotate an image, usually with 'other value with line' sometimes the > results have jagged edges. Why is this? Something to do with the original > image? Hagen's manual says width divisible by 16. > And to edit jpeg, save as a TIFF and THEN rotate? > > dvd > >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten,Now I finally see why there are two, "Rotate with line …" and "Rotate with line".BUT, In the "Options" I don't see the option "best quality option".See attached;On Jan 18, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: Hello,Please use the rotate with line ...That will display an options dialog.Select the best quality option.ThorstenVon: "dknodel@swbell.net" <dknodel@swbell.net>Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Datum: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:34:11 -0600An: "gcmac@yahoogroups.com" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Betreff: [gcmac] Rotation jaggisWhen I rotate an image, usually with 'other value with line' sometimes theresults have jagged edges.  Why is this?  Something to do with the originalimage?  Hagen's manual says width divisible by 16.And to edit jpeg, save as a TIFF and THEN rotate?dvd Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
rgb@ellerbach.com

Post by rgb@ellerbach.com »

My version (7.6) provides two buttons: Use Quicktime Use internal algorithm (more accurate but much slower) I'd assume "best quality" would mean "more accurate". Rich On Wed, January 18, 2012 4:12 pm, Robert Poland wrote: > Thorsten, > > Now I finally see why there are two, "Rotate with line …" and "Rotate with > line". > > BUT, In the "Options" I don't see the option "best quality option". > > See attached; > > > On Jan 18, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> Please use the rotate with line ... >> That will display an options dialog. >> Select the best quality option. >>
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Yes, correct. Thorsten > Von: <rgb@ellerbach.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:29:28 -0500 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] Rotation jaggis > > My version (7.6) provides two buttons: > > Use Quicktime > Use internal algorithm (more accurate but much slower) > > I'd assume "best quality" would mean "more accurate". > > Rich > > On Wed, January 18, 2012 4:12 pm, Robert Poland wrote: >> Thorsten, >> >> Now I finally see why there are two, "Rotate with line …" and "Rotate with >> line". >> >> BUT, In the "Options" I don't see the option "best quality option". >> >> See attached; >> >> >> On Jan 18, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >> >>> Hello, >>> >>> Please use the rotate with line ... >>> That will display an options dialog. >>> Select the best quality option. >>> > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, please check internal with error correction. Thorsten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:12:28 -0700 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] Rotation jaggis > > Thorsten, > > Now I finally see why there are two, "Rotate with line Š" and "Rotate with > line". > > BUT, In the "Options" I don't see the option "best quality option". > > See attached; > > > On Jan 18, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> Please use the rotate with line ... >> That will display an options dialog. >> Select the best quality option. >> >> Thorsten >> >> >> >>> Von: "dknodel@swbell.net" <dknodel@swbell.net> >>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>> Datum: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:34:11 -0600 >>> An: "gcmac@yahoogroups.com" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>> Betreff: [gcmac] Rotation jaggis >>> >>> When I rotate an image, usually with 'other value with line' sometimes the >>> results have jagged edges. Why is this? Something to do with the original >>> image? Hagen's manual says width divisible by 16. >>> And to edit jpeg, save as a TIFF and THEN rotate? >>> >>> dvd > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > >