text within frame is not resizing

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Richard

text within frame is not resizing

Post by Richard »

Please help. I have searched for an answer to this problem in the posts but cannot locate one. Previously, I had no problems working with blocks of text in GC. Now, the text is limited to a few characters per line and will not flow when I resize the text frame. Is this a setting? There are also two black outlines surrounding the text within the frame. It almost seems like there is a margin constraining the text. Here is a screenshot: http://www.goodhood.com/GC_text.png
Robert Poland

Re: text within frame is not resizing

Post by Robert Poland »

Richard, By previously I assume you mean version 6.xx and now you mean version 7.xx. The box you see needs to be resized to something large enough to contain the text by grabbing a side or corner and dragging. On Jan 29, 2012, at 2:18 PM, Richard wrote: > Please help. I have searched for an answer to this problem in the posts > but cannot locate one. > > Previously, I had no problems working with blocks of text in GC. Now, > the text is limited to a few characters per line and will not flow when > I resize the text frame. Is this a setting? There are also two black > outlines surrounding the text within the frame. It almost seems like > there is a margin constraining the text. > > Here is a screenshot: > http://www.goodhood.com/GC_text.png Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Simply enlarge the textbox with the mouse. Thorsten > Von: Richard <richard@goodhood.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:18:13 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] text within frame is not resizing > > Please help. I have searched for an answer to this problem in the posts > but cannot locate one. > > Previously, I had no problems working with blocks of text in GC. Now, > the text is limited to a few characters per line and will not flow when > I resize the text frame. Is this a setting? There are also two black > outlines surrounding the text within the frame. It almost seems like > there is a margin constraining the text. > > Here is a screenshot: > http://www.goodhood.com/GC_text.png > >
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thank you for your feedback. I have tried to resize the frame within the frame but nothing will do it. The outer frame resizes but the text does not flow with it. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: > > Richard, > > By previously I assume you mean version 6.xx and now you mean version 7.xx. > > The box you see needs to be resized to something large enough to contain the text by grabbing a side or corner and dragging. > > > On Jan 29, 2012, at 2:18 PM, Richard wrote: > > > Please help. I have searched for an answer to this problem in the posts > > but cannot locate one. > > > > Previously, I had no problems working with blocks of text in GC. Now, > > the text is limited to a few characters per line and will not flow when > > I resize the text frame. Is this a setting? There are also two black > > outlines surrounding the text within the frame. It almost seems like > > there is a margin constraining the text. > > > > Here is a screenshot: > > http://www.goodhood.com/GC_text.png > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >
Richard

Fixed! Re: text within frame is not resizing

Post by Richard »

I figured it out the solution myself. My textbox had a table inside it. By control or right button mouse clicking, I selected Table on the contextual menu. I reduced the tables rows and columns to 0. Voila. I am surprised no one figured that out. Richard --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richard@...> wrote: > > Please help. I have searched for an answer to this problem in the posts > but cannot locate one. > > Previously, I had no problems working with blocks of text in GC. Now, > the text is limited to a few characters per line and will not flow when > I resize the text frame. Is this a setting? There are also two black > outlines surrounding the text within the frame. It almost seems like > there is a margin constraining the text. > > Here is a screenshot: > http://www.goodhood.com/GC_text.png >
vanherkgerard

Re: Fixed! Re: text within frame is not resizing

Post by vanherkgerard »

Hello,How did you find that table?! When I control click (or right click) on a text box or within, I don't see any table..!Did you get it working? Because, I have exactly this problem! (GC 8.8.3 on a Retina 13 in.). Trashing the prefs (just 2 in the user Lib's preferences folder) did not help. Strangely enough, on an other, exactly simlar Mac, I don't see that problem!? There should be a preference for "right margin" within a text box, which I don't seem to find.. (how to show screen shots?)Help!Thanks..Gerard