GC 7 - request(s) for minor feature return

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Jim Mueller

Re: GC 7 - request(s) for minor feature return

Post by Jim Mueller »

Thank you for returning the Move and Copy commands, Thorsten, but I just found that the Move command is gone if you do a Find. The Delete or Move to Trash command is missing there too, so you can not yet approximate a Move by Copy and then Delete the originals.Also - the Move Files, Press Option to Copy setting in the Preferences appears to only apply to the pre-defined Folders, not general behaviour in GC's Browser.  On Feb 9, 2012, at 12:09 PM, jamesk8752 wrote:   Found it! I had looked only in the action menu; it's actually better (easier) to have it in the contextual menu as you have implemented it. Thanks! Regards, Jim --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Jim, > > I added that to the latest beta. > > You find a move to.... And copy to... Command in the context menu. > > Thorsten > > > > > Von: jamesk8752 <jamesk8752@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 01:31:30 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: GC 7 - request(s) for minor feature return > > > > Hi Thorsten, > > > > Perhaps I am missing something - beta 424 behaves like the previous versions > > in that I can only choose to move to/copy to/make alias in a destination > > folder which has been pre-designated using the Folders panel in Preferences. > > In GC 6 I had the option to select the destination folder on the fly from the > > Action menu. This is much simpler and more useful in that I don't have to > > pre-designate the destination folder. > > > > If you added this function to b424, how do I access it? If not, can it be > > done in a future revision? > > > > Thanks for all you do to keep GC the best application of its kind! > > > > Regards, Jim > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > > >
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 7 - request(s) for minor feature return

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Jim, Thanks for your note. I will check that. Thorsten > Von: Jim Mueller <jimmueller@mac.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 03:38:36 -0500 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] Re: GC 7 - request(s) for minor feature return > > Thank you for returning the Move and Copy commands, Thorsten, but I just found > that the Move command is gone if you do a Find. The Delete or Move to Trash > command is missing there too, so you can not yet approximate a Move by Copy > and then Delete the originals. > > > > Also - the Move Files, Press Option to Copy setting in the Preferences appears > to only apply to the pre-defined Folders, not general behaviour in GC's > Browser. > > >
Jim Mueller

GC 8 (was 7) - request for minor Browser feature return

Post by Jim Mueller »

Well, we're up to 8.5.2 and we still can't Move images in the Browser's Find results. That's one of the reasons we're still using GC 6.x.Any estimate on when that function will make it back into GC?On Feb 15, 2012, at 3:38 AM, Jim Mueller wrote: Thank you for returning the Move and Copy commands, Thorsten, but I just found that the Move command is gone if you do a Find. The Delete or Move to Trash command is missing there too, so you can not yet approximate a Move by Copy and then Delete the originals.<Screen shot 2012-02-15 at 2.31.39 AM.png>Also - the Move Files, Press Option to Copy setting in the Preferences appears to only apply to the pre-defined Folders, not general behaviour in GC's Browser. On Feb 9, 2012, at 12:09 PM, jamesk8752 wrote:   Found it! I had looked only in the action menu; it's actually better (easier) to have it in the contextual menu as you have implemented it. Thanks! Regards, Jim --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Jim, > > I added that to the latest beta. > > You find a move to.... And copy to... Command in the context menu. > > Thorsten > > > > > Von: jamesk8752 <jamesk8752@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 01:31:30 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: GC 7 - request(s) for minor feature return > > > > Hi Thorsten, > > > > Perhaps I am missing something - beta 424 behaves like the previous versions > > in that I can only choose to move to/copy to/make alias in a destination > > folder which has been pre-designated using the Folders panel in Preferences. > > In GC 6 I had the option to select the destination folder on the fly from the > > Action menu. This is much simpler and more useful in that I don't have to > > pre-designate the destination folder. > > > > If you added this function to b424, how do I access it? If not, can it be > > done in a future revision? > > > > Thanks for all you do to keep GC the best application of its kind! > > > > Regards, Jim > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > > >
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 8 (was 7) - request for minor Browser feature return

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released a new beta. Please check: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html That should fix it. Thorsten On 23.02.2013, at 19:54, Jim Mueller <jimmueller@mac.com> wrote: > > Well, we're up to 8.5.2 and we still can't Move images in the Browser's Find results. That's one of the reasons we're still using GC 6.x. > > Any estimate on when that function will make it back into GC? > >