Filter >> Gaussian Blur...

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
ross_si

Filter >> Gaussian Blur...

Post by ross_si »

Hello, I am unsure when this problem began but at least in 6.7.4 and 6.7.7 it exists. Filter >> Gaussian Blur.. does, at all levels of blur, leave a portion of the image unfiltered. That portion is a horizontal bar across the middle of the image. Can you please suggest a fix or a work-around? Ross Canberra PS. I have screen captures but can't see where to upload or attach those.
thorstenlemke

Re: Filter >> Gaussian Blur...

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, What happens with the current 7.6.1? Thorsten > Von: ross_si <ross_si@yahoo.com.au> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 08:29:21 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Filter >> Gaussian Blur... > > Hello, > I am unsure when this problem began but at least in 6.7.4 and 6.7.7 it exists. > Filter >> Gaussian Blur.. does, at all levels of blur, leave a portion of the > image unfiltered. That portion is a horizontal bar across the middle of the > image. > Can you please suggest a fix or a work-around? > Ross > Canberra > > PS. I have screen captures but can't see where to upload or attach those. >
Richard Chu

Post by Richard Chu »

perhaps you should upload the sample/screen-capture to this group's "file", which is located in the left pane of the page. Richard ChuSunsets San Francisco, Californiahttp://blogochu.blogspot.com  On Feb 11, 2012, at 12:29 AM, ross_si wrote:   Hello, I am unsure when this problem began but at least in 6.7.4 and 6.7.7 it exists. Filter >> Gaussian Blur.. does, at all levels of blur, leave a portion of the image unfiltered. That portion is a horizontal bar across the middle of the image. Can you please suggest a fix or a work-around? Ross Canberra PS. I have screen captures but can't see where to upload or attach those.
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

MY WAY [EXPERIENCES] WITH THAT BLUR IS TO TYPE IN A VALUE OF EXACTY 1.41 THAT RIDS IT ALL! SEE IF IT WORKS? --- On Sat, 2/11/12, ross_si <ross_si@yahoo.com.au> wrote:From: ross_si <ross_si@yahoo.com.au>Subject: [gcmac] Filter >> Gaussian Blur...To: gcmac@yahoogroups.comReceived: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 8:29 AM   Hello, I am unsure when this problem began but at least in 6.7.4 and 6.7.7 it exists. Filter >> Gaussian Blur.. does, at all levels of blur, leave a portion of the image unfiltered. That portion is a horizontal bar across the middle of the image. Can you please suggest a fix or a work-around? Ross Canberra PS. I have screen captures but can't see where to upload or attach those.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Core image is a system filter. What happens with the current 7.6.1? Thorsten > Von: Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 07:16:01 -0800 (PST) > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] Filter >> Gaussian Blur... > > MY WAY [EXPERIENCES] WITH THAT BLUR IS TO TYPE IN A VALUE OF EXACTY 1.41 THAT > RIDS IT ALL! SEE IF IT WORKS? > > --- On Sat, 2/11/12, ross_si <ross_si@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >
Alan Dow

Post by Alan Dow »

I have been using Gaussian blur in GC 6.7.7 with no problem. The only way I could create a middle bar without blur, was by creating a selection. Are you using blur via menu command or via scripts? ..AD --------------------------------------- At 8:29 AM +0000 11/2/12, ross_si wrote: >Hello, >I am unsure when this problem began but at least in 6.7.4 and 6.7.7 it exists. >Filter >> Gaussian Blur.. does, at all levels of blur, leave a >portion of the image unfiltered. That portion is a horizontal bar >across the middle of the image. >Can you please suggest a fix or a work-around? >Ross >Canberra > >PS. I have screen captures but can't see where to upload or attach those. >
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

its a coding mark to indicate the right 'blur' value..  --- On Mon, 2/13/12, Alan Dow <magicAl@tpgi.com.au> wrote:From: Alan Dow <magicAl@tpgi.com.au>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Filter >> Gaussian Blur...To: gcmac@yahoogroups.comReceived: Monday, February 13, 2012, 2:26 AM   I have been using Gaussian blur in GC 6.7.7 with no problem. The only way I could create a middle bar without blur, was by creating a selection. Are you using blur via menu command or via scripts? ..AD --------------------------------------- At 8:29 AM +0000 11/2/12, ross_si wrote: >Hello, >I am unsure when this problem began but at least in 6.7.4 and 6.7.7 it exists. >Filter >> Gaussian Blur.. does, at all levels of blur, leave a >portion of the image unfiltered. That portion is a horizontal bar >across the middle of the image. >Can you please suggest a fix or a work-around? >Ross >Canberra > >PS. I have screen captures but can't see where to upload or attach those. >