Problem with changing icons

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Brian Christmas

Re: Problem with changing icons

Post by Brian Christmas »

Thanks Chris, but no go.I relaunched the Finder, and it fixed some of the icons, but left some with a solid black outline around them.file://localhost/Users/ozsanta/Desktop/Screen%20Shots/Screen%20Shot%202012-02-21%20at%2011.04.47%20AM.pngI used Onyx to clean the caches, and it warm re-started the iMac, but the outlined icons persisted.I opened those icons with Photoshop, re-saved them ( with their darn outlines), and then tried to reset the icons using GC. The outlines persisted despite the cleared caches. Only a cold boot reset the icons to the GC none-outline type.RegardsBrian --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Stone <listmeister@...> wrote:>> Hey Brian,> > Sounds like a caching issue.> > On Feb 20, 2012, at 17:49, Brian Christmas wrote:> > 2. force quitting the Finder (no effect)> > You've only force-quit the Finder?> > What happens if you use the relaunch and let it do its housekeeping?> > > 3. using the re-start the iMac option (no effect)> > > > 4. shutting dow, and starting the iMac again (icons update)> > > This is what makes me suspect caching.> > Have you run any of the housekeeping utilities to delete your caches?> > --> Best Regards,> Chris>
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Feb 20, 2012, at 18:29, Brian Christmas wrote: I relaunched the Finder, and it fixed some of the icons, but left some with a solid black outline around them.I used Onyx to clean the caches, and it warm re-started the iMac, but the outlined icons persisted.I opened those icons with Photoshop, re-saved them ( with their darn outlines), and then tried to reset the icons using GC. The outlines persisted despite the cleared caches. Only a cold boot reset the icons to the GC none-outline type.______________________________________________________________________Hey Brian,The url you sent was a file://localhost, so I couldn't get it.If you want to send me a couple of small images with the black border I'll do some testing here.--Best Regards,Chris
Brian Christmas

Post by Brian Christmas »

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately I reset all the icons that had the black border, and since clearing the caches, can't duplicate the effect. However, since clearing the caches, relaunching the Finder no longer clears the Photoshop icons that have been reset to GC icons, and only a cold boot will display the converted to GC icons. It seems the caches were faulty, but clearing them had had no beneficial effect in resetting the icons with GC. Regards Brian --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Stone <listmeister@...> wrote: > > On Feb 20, 2012, at 18:29, Brian Christmas wrote: > > I relaunched the Finder, and it fixed some of the icons, but left some with a solid black outline around them. > > > > I used Onyx to clean the caches, and it warm re-started the iMac, but the outlined icons persisted. > > > > I opened those icons with Photoshop, re-saved them ( with their darn outlines), and then tried to reset the icons using GC. The outlines persisted despite the cleared caches. Only a cold boot reset the icons to the GC none-outline type. > ______________________________________________________________________ > > Hey Brian, > > The url you sent was a file://localhost, so I couldn't get it. > > If you want to send me a couple of small images with the black border I'll do some testing here. > > -- > Best Regards, > Chris >