Missing browser "pathname"

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Ed Gould

Missing browser "pathname"

Post by Ed Gould »

All of a sudden Browse no longer shows the path/folder panel. I have looked at the browser options in the preferences and just do not see where I can set it to display the folders and the path. Can someone point me in the right direction, please? GC is a great tool but it gets confusing as to what options I must have on in order to see what used to be there. Ed
thorstenlemke

Re: Missing browser "pathname"

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Ed, Hmm, where is the path missing? Thorsten > Von: Ed Gould <ps2os2@gmail.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:19:50 -0600 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Missing browser "pathname" > > All of a sudden Browse no longer shows the path/folder panel. > I have looked at the browser options in the preferences and just do > not see where I can set it to display the folders and the path. > Can someone point me in the right direction, please? > GC is a great tool but it gets confusing as to what options I must > have on in order to see what used to be there. > Ed
Ed Gould

Post by Ed Gould »

The browser window *used* to have the path on the left. These were side by side. The word path is mine but it essentially had a small folder with its name and then underneath it then for each folder the respective folder name. Like a top view of the highest folder then a folder (with its name) on each (horizontal) line. For some reason I am having difficulty explaining it.Right now the entire pane is missing. It was there and it somehow disappeared.EdOn Feb 22, 2012, at 1:38 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hello Ed, Hmm, where is the path missing? Thorsten > Von: Ed Gould <ps2os2@gmail.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:19:50 -0600 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Missing browser "pathname" > > All of a sudden Browse no longer shows the path/folder panel. > I have looked at the browser options in the preferences and just do > not see where I can set it to display the folders and the path. > Can someone point me in the right direction, please? > GC is a great tool but it gets confusing as to what options I must > have on in order to see what used to be there. > Ed
Ed Gould

Post by Ed Gould »

Thorsten:I guess I found it by accident.There is a small pane  at the bottom of the larger browser pane That has two very small folders with arrows. I used that to give me back the pane that I was missing.Sorry about this but I am lost with all the GC preferences.EdOn Feb 22, 2012, at 1:38 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hello Ed, Hmm, where is the path missing? Thorsten > Von: Ed Gould <ps2os2@gmail.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:19:50 -0600 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Missing browser "pathname" > > All of a sudden Browse no longer shows the path/folder panel. > I have looked at the browser options in the preferences and just do > not see where I can set it to display the folders and the path. > Can someone point me in the right direction, please? > GC is a great tool but it gets confusing as to what options I must > have on in order to see what used to be there. > Ed