Text area too short

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
gulliver@pacbell.net

Text area too short

Post by gulliver@pacbell.net »

I recently tried out GC v. 7.5 and also the latest version and I have a problem that I never had on previous versions. I went to type in text on an image and after about 5 or 6 inches (depending on the size of the font I'm using) a return automatically kicks the text to the next line. I tried grabbing the text box by the corner and stretching it out, but the text won't exceed that length even though the text box is stretched all the way to the right. I noticed that unlike v. 6, when you go to start typing it doesn't show you a text box, just a cursor. After I type I can click outside the text area then back on the type and then the box will show and I can resize it. That's all fine. But how can I get it to work so that I can extend the text box and get the type to run all the way along its length? I've had to revert to v 6 in order to get away from this problem.
thorstenlemke

Re: Text area too short

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Simply resize the textbox. Thorsten > Von: "gulliver@pacbell.net" <gulliver@pacbell.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:25:39 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Text area too short > > I recently tried out GC v. 7.5 and also the latest version and I have a > problem that I never had on previous versions. I went to type in text on an > image and after about 5 or 6 inches (depending on the size of the font I'm > using) a return automatically kicks the text to the next line. I tried > grabbing the text box by the corner and stretching it out, but the text won't > exceed that length even though the text box is stretched all the way to the > right. > > I noticed that unlike v. 6, when you go to start typing it doesn't show you a > text box, just a cursor. After I type I can click outside the text area then > back on the type and then the box will show and I can resize it. That's all > fine. But how can I get it to work so that I can extend the text box and get > the type to run all the way along its length? I've had to revert to v 6 in > order to get away from this problem. >
gulliver@pacbell.net

I tried resizing the text box but it still doesn't work. I tried it on a brand new blank document created with GC in case it was something peculiar about the file I was having trouble with. Still doesn't work. It's as if I was putting in carriage returns after about 6 inches, which I'm not doing. I can't figure it out. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote:>> Hello,> > Simply resize the textbox.> > Thorsten> > Von: "gulliver@..." gulliver@...> > Antworten an: gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:25:39 -0000> > An: gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Text area too short> > > > I recently tried out GC v. 7.5 and also the latest version and I have a> > problem that I never had on previous versions. I went to type in text on an> > image and after about 5 or 6 inches (depending on the size of the font I'm> > using) a return automatically kicks the text to the next line. I tried> > grabbing the text box by the corner and stretching it out, but the text won't> > exceed that length even though the text box is stretched all the way to the> > right.> > > > I noticed that unlike v. 6, when you go to start typing it doesn't show you a> > text box, just a cursor. After I type I can click outside the text area then> > back on the type and then the box will show and I can resize it. That's all> > fine. But how can I get it to work so that I can extend the text box and get> > the type to run all the way along its length? I've had to revert to v 6 in> > order to get away from this problem.> >>
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Hmm, it works here. Did you try to trash the prefs? Thorsten > Von: "gulliver@pacbell.net" <gulliver@pacbell.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 23:49:42 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Text area too short > > I tried resizing the text box but it still doesn't work. I tried it on a > brand new blank document created with GC in case it was something > peculiar about the file I was having trouble with. Still doesn't work. > It's as if I was putting in carriage returns after about 6 inches, which > I'm not doing. I can't figure it out.
gulliver@pacbell.net

Thanks, Thorsten. Trashing the prefs did the trick! --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > Hmm, it works here. > > Did you try to trash the prefs? > > Thorsten > > > > > Von: "gulliver@..." <gulliver@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 23:49:42 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Text area too short > > > > I tried resizing the text box but it still doesn't work. I tried it on a > > brand new blank document created with GC in case it was something > > peculiar about the file I was having trouble with. Still doesn't work. > > It's as if I was putting in carriage returns after about 6 inches, which > > I'm not doing. I can't figure it out. >
vanherkgerard

Post by vanherkgerard »

Hello,So, you did get it working? Because, I have exactly this problem! (GC 8.8.3 on a Retina 13 in.). Trashing the prefs (just 2 in the user Lib's preferences folder) did not help. Strangely enough, on an other, exactly simlar Mac, I don't see that problem!? There should be a preference for "right margin" within a text box, which I don't seem to find.. (how to show screen shots?)Help!Thanks..Gerard
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Gerard,which MacOS do you use? Maybe you need the First Aid app.Thorsten Hello,So, you did get it working? Because, I have exactly this problem! (GC 8.8.3 on a Retina 13 in.). Trashing the prefs (just 2 in the user Lib's preferences folder) did not help. Strangely enough, on an other, exactly simlar Mac, I don't see that problem!? There should be a preference for "right margin" within a text box, which I don't seem to find.. (how to show screen shots?)Help!Thanks..Gerard
vanherkgerard

Post by vanherkgerard »

Dear Thorsten,Thanks for the prompt reply, from the Master..!Sorry I did not notice the conversation reply - my Yahoo settings are not announcing it, apparently..In reply: I am using a brand new MacBook 13 Retina, with Mac OS 9 Mavericks, so I don't suspect there is -already- a system error. Strangely enough, the problem doesn't occur on an other similar Mac..Again, the problem is exactly the same as experienced by at least 3 other users.The question remains: where can you access the 'ruler' within a text box? in order to reset the apparent right margin..Thanks for your thoughts on this!Best greetings,Gerard
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Gerard,thanks for your reply.There is no ruler. Just try to trash the prefs with the GraphicConverter First Aid tool.Thorsten Dear Thorsten,Thanks for the prompt reply, from the Master..!Sorry I did not notice the conversation reply - my Yahoo settings are not announcing it, apparently..In reply: I am using a brand new MacBook 13 Retina, with Mac OS 9 Mavericks, so I don't suspect there is -already- a system error. Strangely enough, the problem doesn't occur on an other similar Mac..Again, the problem is exactly the same as experienced by at least 3 other users.The question remains: where can you access the 'ruler' within a text box? in order to reset the apparent right margin..Thanks for your thoughts on this!Best greetings,Gerard
vanherkgerard

Post by vanherkgerard »

Thanks for the suggestion! Thorsten. (Your responses are way faster than mine..!).Trashing the prefs, using GC's First Aid tool worked! Finally.. I had earlier tried to trash GC's preferences I could locate, but apparently there were more somewhere else..Thanks again, for one of the top tools I daily use and for the great support!Have a quiet december month  ;-)Gerard