[ANN] GraphicConverter 7.6.2 (Build 447)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[ANN] GraphicConverter 7.6.2 (Build 447)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released now the new version: http://www.lemkesoft.com/xd/public/cont ... M0NA_.html Thorsten
Jim Mueller

unexpected behaviour in GC Save As...

Post by Jim Mueller »

I have a fair number of image files that for various reasons have one or more periods in the file name - often because the website address is in the name.  If I use Save As... or save A Copy As... the fine name is truncated at the first period, so instead of having the full file name in the Save dialogue:[animepaper.net]wallpaper-art-artists-yunomi-a-promise-187329-dolce-yasmin-5120x3200-185ed45d.jpgI only get:[animepaper.jpgThere's no problem using Save As... in this way in GC 6, so this is something new in GC 7's Save dialogue.
thorstenlemke

Re: unexpected behaviour in GC Save As...

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Jim, I can't reproduce this problem on 10.6.8 with the default prefs. Did you try to trash the prefs? Thorsten > Von: Jim Mueller <jimmueller@mac.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:48:53 -0500 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] unexpected behaviour in GC Save As... > > I have a fair number of image files that for various reasons have one or more > periods in the file name - often because the website address is in the name. > If I use Save As... or save A Copy As... the fine name is truncated at the > first period, so instead of having the full file name in the Save dialogue: > > [animepaper.net]wallpaper-art-artists-yunomi-a-promise-187329-dolce-yasmin-512 > 0x3200-185ed45d.jpg > > I only get: > > [animepaper.jpg > > There's no problem using Save As... in this way in GC 6, so this is something > new in GC 7's Save dialogue. >
Jim Mueller

Post by Jim Mueller »

I have 10.6.8 also (Lion breaks too many things we rely on) so I will do a bit more troubleshooting to see what's going on. On Mar 5, 2012, at 3:20 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hi Jim, I can't reproduce this problem on 10.6.8 with the default prefs. Did you try to trash the prefs? Thorsten > Von: Jim Mueller <jimmueller@mac.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:48:53 -0500 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] unexpected behaviour in GC Save As... > > I have a fair number of image files that for various reasons have one or more > periods in the file name - often because the website address is in the name. > If I use Save As... or save A Copy As... the fine name is truncated at the > first period, so instead of having the full file name in the Save dialogue: > > [animepaper.net]wallpaper-art-artists-yunomi-a-promise-187329-dolce-yasmin-512 > 0x3200-185ed45d.jpg > > I only get: > > [animepaper.jpg > > There's no problem using Save As... in this way in GC 6, so this is something > new in GC 7's Save dialogue. >
Bill Bedford

Post by Bill Bedford »

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:48:53 -0500, Jim Mueller wrote: > I have a fair number of image files that for various reasons have one > or more periods in the file name - often because the website address > is in the name. If I use Save As... or save A Copy As... the fine > name is truncated at the first period, so instead of having the full > file name in the Save dialogue: > > [animepaper.net]wallpaper-art-artists-yunomi-a-promise-187329-dolce-yasmin-5120x3200-185ed45d.jpg > > I only get: > > [animepaper.jpg > > There's no problem using Save As... in this way in GC 6, so this is > something new in GC 7's Save dialogue. This seems to be standard Snow Leopard behaviour. > -- Bill Bedford "Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance he himself has spun" -- Clifford Geertz
Jim Mueller

Post by Jim Mueller »

I'm pretty sure that's not standard SL behaviour, Bill. I've been using SL for the past year and this is the first time I've encountered it. Thorsten himself said he could not reproduce it in SL. On Mar 6, 2012, at 7:07 AM, Bill Bedford wrote:   On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:48:53 -0500, Jim Mueller wrote: > I have a fair number of image files that for various reasons have one > or more periods in the file name - often because the website address > is in the name. If I use Save As... or save A Copy As... the fine > name is truncated at the first period, so instead of having the full > file name in the Save dialogue: > > [animepaper.net]wallpaper-art-artists-yunomi-a-promise-187329-dolce-yasmin-5120x3200-185ed45d.jpg > > I only get: > > [animepaper.jpg > > There's no problem using Save As... in this way in GC 6, so this is > something new in GC 7's Save dialogue. This seems to be standard Snow Leopard behaviour. > -- Bill Bedford "Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance he himself has spun" -- Clifford Geertz
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, It does not happen here on 10.6.8. Can you try to trash the prefs? Thorsten > Von: Jim Mueller <jimmueller@mac.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 01:04:14 -0500 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] unexpected behaviour in GC Save As... > > I'm pretty sure that's not standard SL behaviour, Bill. I've been using SL for > the past year and this is the first time I've encountered it. Thorsten himself > said he could not reproduce it in SL. >