GC 7.x slide show display feature

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
bfranklinrules

GC 7.x slide show display feature

Post by bfranklinrules »

In GC 6.x, there's an option to show file paths at the top of images displayed in slide shows. Does this feature exist in GC 7.x? Or have I just not found the prefs panel bearing this feature? Also: along with file paths, GC 6.x could show the total of images cached in the slide show. I'd like to either know how to activate these two features in GC 7 or request that they be added to slide show options.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 7.x slide show display feature

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released a new beta. Please check: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html You have now an option with path in the prefs. Thorsten > Von: bfranklinrules <macnoel1@comcast.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:08:37 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] GC 7.x slide show display feature > > In GC 6.x, there's an option to show file paths at the top of images displayed > in slide shows. > Does this feature exist in GC 7.x? Or have I just not found the prefs panel > bearing this feature? > > Also: along with file paths, GC 6.x could show the total of images cached in > the slide show. > > > I'd like to either know how to activate these two features in GC 7 or request > that they be added to slide show options. >
bfranklinrules

Post by bfranklinrules »

Thank you Thorsten. But GC 7 (build 449) shows only the file path for the first image in a file folder, not for each image after the first one. Also, there is still not a display of either total number of images in a slide show or the total time elapsed since the start of slide show. Also, I would recommend that such displays (file paths, total image numbers and time elapsed) be displayed at the bottom of each image. Because: the new (version 7.x) slide show display has the main slide show tool bar at the top. That tool bar is not truly transparent to the image displayed behind it - makes it hard to read the file paths, or anything behind the new tool bar. Running: OS 10.6.8 on 2007 Intel Mac Pro and 10.6.8 on 2010 MacBook. Thank you. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > You have now an option with path in the prefs. > > Thorsten > > > Von: bfranklinrules <macnoel1@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:08:37 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] GC 7.x slide show display feature > > > > In GC 6.x, there's an option to show file paths at the top of images displayed > > in slide shows. > > Does this feature exist in GC 7.x? Or have I just not found the prefs panel > > bearing this feature? > > > > Also: along with file paths, GC 6.x could show the total of images cached in > > the slide show. > > > > > > I'd like to either know how to activate these two features in GC 7 or request > > that they be added to slide show options. > > >
watcombeman

Post by watcombeman »

Both the unreadability of the display at the top of the screen and the presence of the path for the first slide only struck me immediately as issues that made the feature virtually useless. I too would prefer to see this information displayed at the bottom of the screen. Having tried the new facility, I turned it off again at once. John. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "bfranklinrules" <macnoel1@...> wrote: > > Thank you Thorsten. But GC 7 (build 449) shows only the file path for the first image in a file folder, not for each image after the first one. Also, there is still not a display of either total number of images in a slide show or the total time elapsed since the start of slide show. > > Also, I would recommend that such displays (file paths, total image numbers and time elapsed) be displayed at the bottom of each image. Because: the new (version 7.x) slide show display has the main slide show tool bar at the top. That tool bar is not truly transparent to the image displayed behind it - makes it hard to read the file paths, or anything behind the new tool bar. > > Running: OS 10.6.8 on 2007 Intel Mac Pro and 10.6.8 on 2010 MacBook. > > Thank you. > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > > > I released a new beta. > > Please check: > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > > > You have now an option with path in the prefs. > > > > Thorsten > > > > > Von: bfranklinrules <macnoel1@> > > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > > Datum: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:08:37 -0000 > > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > > Betreff: [gcmac] GC 7.x slide show display feature > > > > > > In GC 6.x, there's an option to show file paths at the top of images displayed > > > in slide shows. > > > Does this feature exist in GC 7.x? Or have I just not found the prefs panel > > > bearing this feature? > > > > > > Also: along with file paths, GC 6.x could show the total of images cached in > > > the slide show. > > > > > > > > > I'd like to either know how to activate these two features in GC 7 or request > > > that they be added to slide show options. > > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, Please check: Automatically hide in the prefs. This will hide it by default. Thorsten > > Also, I would recommend that such displays (file paths, total image numbers > and time elapsed) be displayed at the bottom of each image. Because: the new > (version 7.x) slide show display has the main slide show tool bar at the top. > That tool bar is not truly transparent to the image displayed behind it - > makes it hard to read the file paths, or anything behind the new tool bar. > > Running: OS 10.6.8 on 2007 Intel Mac Pro and 10.6.8 on 2010 MacBook. >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released a new beta. Please check: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html It does now display the path for all images of a slideshow. Thorsten > Von: bfranklinrules <macnoel1@comcast.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 19:10:05 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: GC 7.x slide show display feature > > Thank you Thorsten. But GC 7 (build 449) shows only the file path for the > first image in a file folder, not for each image after the first one. Also, > there is still not a display of either total number of images in a slide show > or the total time elapsed since the start of slide show. >
bfranklinrules

Post by bfranklinrules »

Hello Thorsten, I will download the beta later today. I will also check the prefs option to hide the slide show tool bar. Thank you. a --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > It does now display the path for all images of a slideshow. > > Thorsten > > > > > Von: bfranklinrules <macnoel1@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 19:10:05 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: GC 7.x slide show display feature > > > > Thank you Thorsten. But GC 7 (build 449) shows only the file path for the > > first image in a file folder, not for each image after the first one. Also, > > there is still not a display of either total number of images in a slide show > > or the total time elapsed since the start of slide show. > > >
bfranklinrules

Post by bfranklinrules »

Thorsten, Thank you, I have tried this build and the slide show now works as needed. I have bought the family pack license for GC 7 from Kagi. One last thing: if possible, it would be perfect if the slide show displayed elapsed time from the start of slide show -as an option. This is the last feature that GC 6.x has that GC 7.x lacks in slide show. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > It does now display the path for all images of a slideshow. > > Thorsten > > > > > Von: bfranklinrules <macnoel1@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 19:10:05 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: GC 7.x slide show display feature > > > > Thank you Thorsten. But GC 7 (build 449) shows only the file path for the > > first image in a file folder, not for each image after the first one. Also, > > there is still not a display of either total number of images in a slide show > > or the total time elapsed since the start of slide show. > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, Many thanks for your feedback. I add that to the todo list. Thorsten > Von: bfranklinrules <macnoel1@comcast.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 22:41:31 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: GC 7.x slide show display feature > > Thorsten, > Thank you, I have tried this build and the slide show now works as needed. I > have bought the family pack license for GC 7 from Kagi. > > One last thing: if possible, it would be perfect if the slide show displayed > elapsed time from the start of slide show -as an option. This is the last > feature that GC 6.x has that GC 7.x lacks in slide show. > >
Jim

Post by Jim »

> This is the last feature that GC 6.x has that GC 7.x lacks in slide show. I think there's another version 6 slideshow feature that is still not implemented: Using random order, in GC 6 I could configure keyboard shortcuts such that I could advance to the next random pic by clicking or hitting the space bar. In GC7 it seems the only way to advance to the next random pic is to wait out the time interval. (Hitting the right or left arrow on screen, or on the keyboard, or spacebar, advances to the next pic in sequence.) Or am I missing something? I've been stuck in GC 6 until slideshow features come to parity, but I've been watching this list to see when these missing features are mentioned. Also, there's a capability that was NOT in GC6 or GC7, but should be: During a slide show, I should be able to use a toolbar command (or contextual menu) to copy, move, or create an alias of the current photo with an arbitrary destination that I can choose right then, without having setting up move folders in advance. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "bfranklinrules" <macnoel1@...> wrote: > > Thorsten, > Thank you, I have tried this build and the slide show now works as needed. I have bought the family pack license for GC 7 from Kagi. > > One last thing: if possible, it would be perfect if the slide show displayed elapsed time from the start of slide show -as an option. This is the last feature that GC 6.x has that GC 7.x lacks in slide show.