labels in browse & slideshow

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Driek Heesakkers

labels in browse & slideshow

Post by Driek Heesakkers »

Hi Thorsten et al, Just made the transition to 7, bought it on the app store. Thanks for all your work throughout the years! Some feedback, hope these help. Context: I make much use of the coloured finder labels, I've set keys 0..7 accordingly in the prefs. I use the lightroom layout. - In the browse display, when I select an image and change the label, there is a delay of about one second before it's visible in the display, in GC6 this was pretty much instantly. If this is not a feature, please consider it a bug. - In slideshow mode, pressing a number key does not update the label shown in the information bar on top. When I then navigate with the arrow keys forward & back again to the image, the label I chose before is now correctly visible in the information bar. I'd like to see it change immediately in the display. - Setting a label also pauses the slideshow. The navigation toolbar stays the same however, with the pause button between the arrows. I'd expect this to toggle to the play button. None of these are showstoppers (otherwise I wouldn't have switched), but they would add polish to the general experience. Cheers! Driek
thorstenlemke

Re: labels in browse & slideshow

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Driek, Many thanks for your notes. I add that to the list. Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, Is not fixed in the latest GC8 beta: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Thorstem > > - In slideshow mode, pressing a number key does not update the label > shown in the information bar on top. When I then navigate with the > arrow keys forward & back again to the image, the label I chose before > is now correctly visible in the information bar. I'd like to see it > change immediately in the display. >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, Sorry a typo: "Now" and not "not". Thorsten > Von: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 09:51:55 +0200 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] labels in browse & slideshow > > Hi, > > Is not fixed in the latest GC8 beta: > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Thorstem > >> >> - In slideshow mode, pressing a number key does not update the label >> shown in the information bar on top. When I then navigate with the >> arrow keys forward & back again to the image, the label I chose before >> is now correctly visible in the information bar. I'd like to see it >> change immediately in the display. >> > >
Driek Heesakkers

Hi,First of all, thanks for the quick response. Apologies for my delay in testing it. I've checked it with 8.0 (build 823) and found two points.1.- start a slide show in a folder with images 1, 2 and 4 without label, img 3 is blue - the coloured dot indicator signals the label correctly, only with 3- however, the "(blue)" next to the filename in top left shows with image 4- also, if I then use the back button, img 3 does not show the (Blue), but img 2 does. 2. another thing: when changing the label for an image during the slideshow, the image then becomes brighter.This also happens when it is not a change, ie. pressing zero when the image does not have a label. HTH!Thanks,Driek On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hi, Is not fixed in the latest GC8 beta: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Thorstem > > - In slideshow mode, pressing a number key does not update the label > shown in the information bar on top. When I then navigate with the > arrow keys forward & back again to the image, the label I chose before > is now correctly visible in the information bar. I'd like to see it > change immediately in the display. >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, 1) I can`t reproduce this here. 2) I fixed this in the latest BETA: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Thorsten > Von: Driek Heesakkers <driekheesakkers@gmail.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 10:31:13 +0200 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] labels in browse & slideshow > > Hi, > > First of all, thanks for the quick response. Apologies for my delay in > testing it. I've checked it with 8.0 (build 823) and found two points. > > 1. > - start a slide show in a folder with images 1, 2 and 4 without label, img > 3 is blue > - the coloured dot indicator signals the label correctly, only with 3 > - however, the "(blue)" next to the filename in top left shows with image 4 > - also, if I then use the back button, img 3 does not show the (Blue), but > img 2 does. > > 2. another thing: when changing the label for an image during the > slideshow, the image then becomes brighter.This also happens when it is not > a change, ie. pressing zero when the image does not have a label. > > HTH!
David L. Wasley

Adding an ICC profile doesn't "stick"

Post by David L. Wasley »

When I want to print an image that has no profile, I use File->Edit Color Profile to add one. Printing then works just fine and the opened image shows the correct profile if I check it. However, if I Save or Save As and then re-Open that image, the profile is no longer there. I'm pretty sure that used to work in earlier versions of GC. I see no pref that would change that behavior in v7. Am I missing something? David GC 7.6.2(447) on MacOS 10.6.8
thorstenlemke

Re: Adding an ICC profile doesn't "stick"

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi David, Many thanks for your e-mail. Did you try to trash the prefs? Thorsten > Von: "David L. Wasley" <dlwasley@earthlink.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:22:34 -0700 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Adding an ICC profile doesn't "stick" > > When I want to print an image that has no profile, I use File->Edit Color > Profile to add one. Printing then works just fine and the opened image shows > the correct profile if I check it. However, if I Save or Save As and then > re-Open that image, the profile is no longer there. > > I'm pretty sure that used to work in earlier versions of GC. I see no pref > that would change that behavior in v7. > > Am I missing something? > > David > GC 7.6.2(447) on MacOS 10.6.8 > > > >
David L. Wasley

Re: Adding an ICC profile doesn't "stick"

Post by David L. Wasley »

Thanks - that seems to have fixed the issue.  It hadn't occurred to me to try that. David On Apr 17, 2012, at 11:37 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hi David, Many thanks for your e-mail. Did you try to trash the prefs? Thorsten > Von: "David L. Wasley" <dlwasley@earthlink.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:22:34 -0700 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Adding an ICC profile doesn't "stick" > > When I want to print an image that has no profile, I use File->Edit Color > Profile to add one. Printing then works just fine and the opened image shows > the correct profile if I check it. However, if I Save or Save As and then > re-Open that image, the profile is no longer there. > > I'm pretty sure that used to work in earlier versions of GC. I see no pref > that would change that behavior in v7. > > Am I missing something? > > David > GC 7.6.2(447) on MacOS 10.6.8 > > > >
Driek Heesakkers

Hi,Thanks! By the way, the increase in responsiveness in the slideshow is really nice, I'm looking forward to the final release.I've checked it with build 832. I can reproduce the odd behaviour in this version. I've shared a dropbox folder with you so you can check if it's something specific. The behaviour:- open browser on folder with 5 images (cq. the folder in the dropbox)- first image is purple, third is yellow, rest unlabeled.- start slideshow with first image - the coloured dots shows the purple labels correctly, nothing next to filename - stop slideshow. start it again. Now the name shows next to the filename.- pause the show. use cursor right to move to next. This now also has (purple) next to the name.- escape the slideshow. Verify in the browser: image 1 is still purple, 2 still unlabeled. - start slideshow again on image 1: again it omits the (purple) next to the filename.- next image: shows (purple) next to filename.- third image: label dot is correctly yellow, nothing next to filename - fourth: shows (yellow) next to filename.- now going back with the left key. image 3 shows nothing next to filename. image 2 shows (yellow).Hope you can reproduce this. Odd, isn't it. Some kind of caching problem maybe? HTH und schoenes Feierabend±Driek On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hi, 1) I can`t reproduce this here. 2) I fixed this in the latest BETA: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Thorsten > Von: Driek Heesakkers <driekheesakkers@gmail.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 10:31:13 +0200 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] labels in browse & slideshow > > Hi, > > First of all, thanks for the quick response. Apologies for my delay in > testing it. I've checked it with 8.0 (build 823) and found two points. > > 1. > - start a slide show in a folder with images 1, 2 and 4 without label, img > 3 is blue > - the coloured dot indicator signals the label correctly, only with 3 > - however, the "(blue)" next to the filename in top left shows with image 4 > - also, if I then use the back button, img 3 does not show the (Blue), but > img 2 does. > > 2. another thing: when changing the label for an image during the > slideshow, the image then becomes brighter.This also happens when it is not > a change, ie. pressing zero when the image does not have a label. > > HTH!