[ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 800)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Patrick Aquilla

GraphicConverter 8 Icon/Preview bug

Post by Patrick Aquilla »

The Create Icon and Preview service doesn't work correctly with GC8 .... it creates a square icon on every image no matter the dimensions of the picture .... for example if the picture is in potrait orientation it will add white bars/space on both sides of the picture on the icon. This is also the same when saving a picture from within the program and choosing to add an Icon and Preview. It would be easier to explain actually if I just showed a picture of it. So here:  On Mar 22, 2012, at 3:42 AM, lemkesoft wrote:Hello,I released the first BETA of GraphicConverter 8.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlPlease download and test the new version. It has a complete rewritten backend for 64 bit support. So, there may occur some bugs. Please report them directly to lemke@lemkesoft.de or to this group.I will release the final version in 4-6 weeks. So, I am happy about each report or comment.The version 8 should have the same features as the version 7.6.2. In addition it supports 32/64 bit. So, you can open really large images of some GB.A note: the 64 bit version do not support some old formats like PhotoCD. Because the SDKs for this old format is only 32 bit. But you can launch the 64 bit version in 32 bit, too. It is a fat binary. You can change the launch mode in the Finder. Select the app in the Finder. Select file info and click on "Launch in 32 bit".RegardsThorsten Lemke On Mar 22, 2012, at 3:42 AM, lemkesoft wrote:   Hello, I released the first BETA of GraphicConverter 8. http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Please download and test the new version. It has a complete rewritten backend for 64 bit support. So, there may occur some bugs. Please report them directly to lemke@lemkesoft.de or to this group. I will release the final version in 4-6 weeks. So, I am happy about each report or comment. The version 8 should have the same features as the version 7.6.2. In addition it supports 32/64 bit. So, you can open really large images of some GB. A note: the 64 bit version do not support some old formats like PhotoCD. Because the SDKs for this old format is only 32 bit. But you can launch the 64 bit version in 32 bit, too. It is a fat binary. You can change the launch mode in the Finder. Select the app in the Finder. Select file info and click on "Launch in 32 bit". Regards Thorsten Lemke
Patrick Aquilla

Re: GraphicConverter 8 Icon/Preview bug

Post by Patrick Aquilla »

On a side note I noticed that when you save a picture as a JPEG that it now adds the extension .jpeg instead of .jpgOn Mar 22, 2012, at 2:33 PM, Patrick Aquilla wrote: The Create Icon and Preview service doesn't work correctly with GC8 .... it creates a square icon on every image no matter the dimensions of the picture .... for example if the picture is in potrait orientation it will add white bars/space on both sides of the picture on the icon. This is also the same when saving a picture from within the program and choosing to add an Icon and Preview. It would be easier to explain actually if I just showed a picture of it. So here:<sample.jpg> On Mar 22, 2012, at 3:42 AM, lemkesoft wrote:Hello,I released the first BETA of GraphicConverter 8.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlPlease download and test the new version. It has a complete rewritten backend for 64 bit support. So, there may occur some bugs. Please report them directly to lemke@lemkesoft.de or to this group.I will release the final version in 4-6 weeks. So, I am happy about each report or comment.The version 8 should have the same features as the version 7.6.2. In addition it supports 32/64 bit. So, you can open really large images of some GB.A note: the 64 bit version do not support some old formats like PhotoCD. Because the SDKs for this old format is only 32 bit. But you can launch the 64 bit version in 32 bit, too. It is a fat binary. You can change the launch mode in the Finder. Select the app in the Finder. Select file info and click on "Launch in 32 bit".RegardsThorsten Lemke On Mar 22, 2012, at 3:42 AM, lemkesoft wrote:   Hello, I released the first BETA of GraphicConverter 8. http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Please download and test the new version. It has a complete rewritten backend for 64 bit support. So, there may occur some bugs. Please report them directly to lemke@lemkesoft.de or to this group. I will release the final version in 4-6 weeks. So, I am happy about each report or comment. The version 8 should have the same features as the version 7.6.2. In addition it supports 32/64 bit. So, you can open really large images of some GB. A note: the 64 bit version do not support some old formats like PhotoCD. Because the SDKs for this old format is only 32 bit. But you can launch the 64 bit version in 32 bit, too. It is a fat binary. You can change the launch mode in the Finder. Select the app in the Finder. Select file info and click on "Launch in 32 bit". Regards Thorsten Lemke
Jon Miner

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 800)

Post by Jon Miner »

Hi ThorstenWill version 8 be a paid upgrade?A long time user.Jon MinerFate is a dream, so follow your dreams. On Mar 22, 2012, at 4:42 PM, "lemkesoft" <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hello, I released the first BETA of GraphicConverter 8. http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Please download and test the new version. It has a complete rewritten backend for 64 bit support. So, there may occur some bugs. Please report them directly to lemke@lemkesoft.de or to this group. I will release the final version in 4-6 weeks. So, I am happy about each report or comment. The version 8 should have the same features as the version 7.6.2. In addition it supports 32/64 bit. So, you can open really large images of some GB. A note: the 64 bit version do not support some old formats like PhotoCD. Because the SDKs for this old format is only 32 bit. But you can launch the 64 bit version in 32 bit, too. It is a fat binary. You can change the launch mode in the Finder. Select the app in the Finder. Select file info and click on "Launch in 32 bit". Regards Thorsten Lemke =
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Jon, version 8 will be a free update for all licensed users of version 7. Thorsten > Von: Jon Miner <chinajon6@yahoo.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:32:50 +0800 > An: "gcmac@yahoogroups.com" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 800) > > Hi Thorsten > > Will version 8 be a paid upgrade? > > A long time user. > > Jon Miner >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released a new beta. Please check: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html That does fix this issue. Many thanks for the report. Thorsten > Von: Patrick Aquilla <maulrat@sbcglobal.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:32:11 -0500 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 800) > > The Create Icon and Preview service doesn't work correctly with GC8 .... it > creates a square icon on every image no matter the dimensions of the picture > .... for example if the picture is in potrait orientation it will add white > bars/space on both sides of the picture on the icon. This is also the same > when saving a picture from within the program and choosing to add an Icon and > Preview. > > It would be easier to explain actually if I just showed a picture of it. So > here: > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, The current implementation is (as in GC7): delete: set the points to 1/3 from the margins of the image Delete + option key: set the points to the margins of the image Thorsten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 07:22:13 -0600 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 800) > > Thorsten, > > Sandboxed version. Looks good. > > A small bug. > > With Unskew activated a Shift-Delete sets points in small rectangle, a > Shift-Option-Delete sets points to outer corners; > > But another Shift-Delete DOES NOT return to the small rectangle. > > > On Mar 22, 2012, at 2:42 AM, lemkesoft wrote: > >> I released the first BETA of GraphicConverter 8. > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > > >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Mar 23, 2012, at 12:29 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi Robert, > > The current implementation is (as in GC7): > > delete: set the points to 1/3 from the margins of the image > Delete + option key: set the points to the margins of the image But if you wish to go back, ti the 1.3 points you must exit and start over. > Thorsten > > > >> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> >> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> Datum: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 07:22:13 -0600 >> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 800) >> >> Thorsten, >> >> Sandboxed version. Looks good. >> >> A small bug. >> >> With Unskew activated a Shift-Delete sets points in small rectangle, a >> Shift-Option-Delete sets points to outer corners; >> >> But another Shift-Delete DOES NOT return to the small rectangle. >> >> >> On Mar 22, 2012, at 2:42 AM, lemkesoft wrote: >> >>> I released the first BETA of GraphicConverter 8. >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, My apologies, It now works as you say. I was originally told to use the shift key but now it seems, not required. On Mar 23, 2012, at 6:14 AM, Robert Poland wrote: > > On Mar 23, 2012, at 12:29 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hi Robert, >> >> The current implementation is (as in GC7): >> >> delete: set the points to 1/3 from the margins of the image >> Delete + option key: set the points to the margins of the image > > But if you wish to go back, ti the 1.3 points you must exit and start over. > >> Thorsten >> >> >> >>> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> >>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>> Datum: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 07:22:13 -0600 >>> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 800) >>> >>> Thorsten, >>> >>> Sandboxed version. Looks good. >>> >>> A small bug. >>> >>> With Unskew activated a Shift-Delete sets points in small rectangle, a >>> Shift-Option-Delete sets points to outer corners; >>> >>> But another Shift-Delete DOES NOT return to the small rectangle. >>> >>> >>> On Mar 22, 2012, at 2:42 AM, lemkesoft wrote: >>> >>>> I released the first BETA of GraphicConverter 8. >>> >>> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Don Sample

Re: GraphicConverter 8 Icon/Preview bug

Post by Don Sample »

Unless you're running a batch, in which case it saves any files it had previously given .jpeg extensions to back to having .jpg extensions, so instead of overwriting the originals (as you'd told it to do) it creates copies of them. On 2012-03-22, at 3:37 PM, Patrick Aquilla wrote: > > > On a side note I noticed that when you save a picture as a JPEG that it now adds the extension .jpeg instead of .jpg
Petri

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 800) : shortcuts opens on click

Post by Petri »

Hello Thorsten, Thank you for your great updates, once again, GC is the best ! I am going to ask here smith that I already asked a few times for GC7 but I guess it's such a detail that you always forget about it ;-) In the browser, you have the shortcuts at the bottom of the left sidebar. When you click on them, it highlights the selected folder in the upper left sidebar and the content appears in the middle window. My questions was, could you pre-open the selected folders in the sidebar so we could see the sub-folders that it contains ? Just like in GC6 Hope this features is going to be in GC8 this time ;-))) Thank you again for the great work Petri --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "lemkesoft" <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released the first BETA of GraphicConverter 8. > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Please download and test the new version. It has a complete rewritten backend for 64 bit support. So, there may occur some bugs. Please report them directly to lemke@... or to this group. > > I will release the final version in 4-6 weeks. So, I am happy about each report or comment. > > The version 8 should have the same features as the version 7.6.2. > > In addition it supports 32/64 bit. So, you can open really large images of some GB. > > A note: the 64 bit version do not support some old formats like PhotoCD. Because the SDKs for this old format is only 32 bit. But you can launch the 64 bit version in 32 bit, too. It is a fat binary. You can change the launch mode in the Finder. Select the app in the Finder. Select file info and click on "Launch in 32 bit". > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke >