GC 8 technical question

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

GC 8 technical question

Post by Robert Poland »

Hi, What's the commonly accepted way to have GC7 and GC8 both on a computer with a minimum of conflict? TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
T.L.Miller

Re: GC 8 technical question

Post by T.L.Miller »

On 3/22/12, at 7:36 AM, Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net said: > >What's the commonly accepted way to have GC7 and GC8 both on a computer >with a minimum of conflict? I added the version number to the old version's name to keep it from being over-written by 8.0. Tom Miller .................................................. "The only time we see the middle of the road is as we run from side to side." R.O.Clark ...................................................
Don Sample

Scaling in a batch

Post by Don Sample »

If you set up a batch to scale images by a percentage value, it lets you enter a fractional amount, such as 66.66666 if you want to make images 2/3 the original size, but it then rounds that value to the nearest integer percentage, so it really scales by 67%. This results in resulting images being either a few pixels bigger, or smaller, than I really wanted them. (Actually giving the size I want doesn't work, because the images don't all have the same aspect ratio.)
thorstenlemke

Re: Scaling in a batch

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released a new beta. Please check: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html That does fix the issue. Thorsten > Von: Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:49:37 -0400 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Scaling in a batch > > If you set up a batch to scale images by a percentage value, it lets you enter > a fractional amount, such as 66.66666 if you want to make images 2/3 the > original size, but it then rounds that value to the nearest integer > percentage, so it really scales by 67%. > > This results in resulting images being either a few pixels bigger, or smaller, > than I really wanted them. > > (Actually giving the size I want doesn't work, because the images don't all > have the same aspect ratio.) >
Don Sample

Post by Don Sample »

No it doesn't. The scale factor still gets rounded to the nearest integer percentage value. On 2012-03-23, at 1:57 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > That does fix the issue. > > Thorsten > > > >> Von: Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> >> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> Datum: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:49:37 -0400 >> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> Betreff: [gcmac] Scaling in a batch >> >> If you set up a batch to scale images by a percentage value, it lets you enter >> a fractional amount, such as 66.66666 if you want to make images 2/3 the >> original size, but it then rounds that value to the nearest integer >> percentage, so it really scales by 67%. >> >> This results in resulting images being either a few pixels bigger, or smaller, >> than I really wanted them. >> >> (Actually giving the size I want doesn't work, because the images don't all >> have the same aspect ratio.) >> > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, Did you download the GC8 ? It works here. Thorsten > Von: Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 19:44:45 -0400 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] Scaling in a batch > > No it doesn't. The scale factor still gets rounded to the nearest integer > percentage value. > > On 2012-03-23, at 1:57 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:
Don Sample

Post by Don Sample »

Attachments :Yes, it was GC 8, build 801. If I set a fractional percentage scale in a batch, as shown here:
Don Sample

Re: Scaling in a batch [2 Attachments]

Post by Don Sample »

On 2012-03-25, at 6:41 PM, Don Sample wrote: > Yes, it was GC 8, build 801. > > If I set a fractional percentage scale in a batch, as shown here: > > > Yahoo messed up the original post. Before.png shows entering a fractional percentage scale value into a batch. After.png shows the same batch after saving and reopening, with the percentage value rounded up to the nearest integer value.
Don Sample

Another version 8 problem: Rotation

Post by Don Sample »

Rotation of images by anything other than 90 degrees is broken in the new version. "Other value with line" rotates the image in the wrong direction, and replaces it with black. "Other value with Live Rotation" replaces the entire image with black, unless you choose to also add an alpha channel.
thorstenlemke

Re: Another version 8 problem: Rotation

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, Fixed with the 802. Thorsten > Von: Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 20:02:29 -0400 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Another version 8 problem: Rotation > > Rotation of images by anything other than 90 degrees is broken in the new > version. > > "Other value with line" rotates the image in the wrong direction, and replaces > it with black. > > "Other value with Live Rotation" replaces the entire image with black, unless > you choose to also add an alpha channel.