GC 8.0 (804) Starts all by itself

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

GC 8.0 (804) Starts all by itself

Post by Robert Poland »

Hi, GC 8.0 (804) Starts all by itself. I have yet to find what triggers the App. It's like it wants attention, the App opens but doesn't contain any images. It's like it is tied to some other operation. Am I the only one? TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Christopher Stone

Re: GC 8.0 (804) Starts all by itself

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Apr 01, 2012, at 17:31, Robert Poland wrote: > GC 8.0 (804) Starts all by itself. > > I have yet to find what triggers the App. It's like it wants attention, the App opens but doesn't contain any images. It's like it is tied to some other operation. > > Am I the only one? ______________________________________________________________________ Hey Bob, I haven't seen this. You don't have a script that could be accidentally activating it? Have you rebooted? That's all I can think of offhand. -- Best Regards, Chris
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Chris, I think I found it. A folder with 4 MP4 files seemed to trigger GC every time it was closed. I moved the files to a new folder and trashed the old one. We'll see if it reoccurs… On Apr 1, 2012, at 8:49 PM, Christopher Stone wrote: > On Apr 01, 2012, at 17:31, Robert Poland wrote: >> GC 8.0 (804) Starts all by itself. >> >> I have yet to find what triggers the App. It's like it wants attention, the App opens but doesn't contain any images. It's like it is tied to some other operation. >> >> Am I the only one? > > ______________________________________________________________________ > > Hey Bob, > > I haven't seen this. > > You don't have a script that could be accidentally activating it? > > Have you rebooted? > > That's all I can think of offhand. > > -- > Best Regards, > Chris Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

Ya worked with it for years it has come a long way but has it's own quirks it seems I work along with GC best I can... From: Christopher Stone <listmeister@thestoneforge.com> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, April 1, 2012 7:49:56 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] GC 8.0 (804) Starts all by itself   On Apr 01, 2012, at 17:31, Robert Poland wrote: > GC 8.0 (804) Starts all by itself. > > I have yet to find what triggers the App. It's like it wants attention, the App opens but doesn't contain any images. It's like it is tied to some other operation. > > Am I the only one? __________________________________________________________ Hey Bob, I haven't seen this. You don't have a script that could be accidentally activating it? Have you rebooted? That's all I can think of offhand. -- Best Regards, Chris
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Apr 01, 2012, at 22:15, Robert Poland wrote: > I think I found it. > > A folder with 4 MP4 files seemed to trigger GC every time it was closed. > > I moved the files to a new folder and trashed the old one. ______________________________________________________________________ Hey Bob, That's really peculiar. Unless perhaps you had a folder-action attached to that folder. -- Best Regards, Chris
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Chris, As near as I could tell there were no folder actions. I did play around with aliases. Seemed like the best solution was to scrap the folder and start over. On Apr 1, 2012, at 9:37 PM, Christopher Stone wrote: > On Apr 01, 2012, at 22:15, Robert Poland wrote: >> I think I found it. >> >> A folder with 4 MP4 files seemed to trigger GC every time it was closed. >> >> I moved the files to a new folder and trashed the old one. > > ______________________________________________________________________ > > Hey Bob, > > That's really peculiar. Unless perhaps you had a folder-action attached to that folder. > > -- > Best Regards, > Chris > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO