[ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 829)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 831)

Post by Robert Poland »

John. <shift><delete> sets the coordinates to a square pattern at about the center 1/3. <shift>><option><delete sets the coordinates to the outer corners. On Apr 18, 2012, at 10:33 AM, watcombeman wrote: > Interesting. I tried that. When I hit <shift><delete> the coordinates just shrank a little. They were not reversed before, and were not after. > > What is <shift><delete> *supposed* to do, if anything? > > John. > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: >> >> Thorsten, >> >> GraphicConverter 8 (Build 831), sandboxed >> Select unskew, click Shift + Delete, coordinates reversed… >> >> GraphicConverter 8 (Build 831), NOT sandboxed >> Select unskew, click Shift + Delete, coordinates reversed… >> >> >> On Apr 18, 2012, at 12:31 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >> >>> Hi Bob, >>> >>> I changed here nothing. >>> >>> Thorsten >>> >>> >>>> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@...> >>>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>>> Datum: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:36:46 -0600 >>>> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>>> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 829) >>>> >>>> Thorsten, >>>> >>>> I see that the coordinates are screwed up again with the Unskew command. At >>>> first they are ok but after the first corner is set they all are upside down >>>> and reversed. >>>> >>>> >>>> On Apr 17, 2012, at 7:59 AM, lemkesoft wrote: >>>> >>>>> Hello, >>>>> >>>>> I released a new beta. >>>>> Please check: >>>>> http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html >>>>> >>>>> Regards >>>>> Thorsten Lemke >>>> >>>> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >>>> >> >> Robert Poland >> 2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27" iMac >> 12 GB Ram, 1TB HD, OS 10.7.3 Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
John Hill

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 831)

Post by John Hill »

That, at least, does work. I had not noticed because they were already at the square about 1/3. John. On 18 Apr 2012, at 18:21, Robert Poland wrote: > John. > > <shift><delete> sets the coordinates to a square pattern at about the center 1/3. > > <shift>><option><delete sets the coordinates to the outer corners. > > > On Apr 18, 2012, at 10:33 AM, watcombeman wrote: > >> Interesting. I tried that. When I hit <shift><delete> the coordinates just shrank a little. They were not reversed before, and were not after. >> >> What is <shift><delete> *supposed* to do, if anything? >> >> John. >> >> --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: >>> >>> Thorsten, >>> >>> GraphicConverter 8 (Build 831), sandboxed >>> Select unskew, click Shift + Delete, coordinates reversed… >>> >>> GraphicConverter 8 (Build 831), NOT sandboxed >>> Select unskew, click Shift + Delete, coordinates reversed… >>> >>> >>> On Apr 18, 2012, at 12:31 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >>> >>>> Hi Bob, >>>> >>>> I changed here nothing. >>>> >>>> Thorsten >>>> >>>> >>>>> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@...> >>>>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>>>> Datum: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:36:46 -0600 >>>>> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>>>> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 829) >>>>> >>>>> Thorsten, >>>>> >>>>> I see that the coordinates are screwed up again with the Unskew command. At >>>>> first they are ok but after the first corner is set they all are upside down >>>>> and reversed. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Apr 17, 2012, at 7:59 AM, lemkesoft wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> Hello, >>>>>> >>>>>> I released a new beta. >>>>>> Please check: >>>>>> http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html >>>>>> >>>>>> Regards >>>>>> Thorsten Lemke >>>>> >>>>> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >>>>> >>> >>> Robert Poland >>> 2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27" iMac >>> 12 GB Ram, 1TB HD, OS 10.7.3 > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
Robert Poland

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 829)

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten,GraphicConverter 8 (Build 832) still exhibits the same problem with the iMac.However the MBP works fine.On Apr 18, 2012, at 12:31 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: Hi Bob,I changed here nothing.ThorstenVon: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net>Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Datum: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:36:46 -0600An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 829)Thorsten,I see that the coordinates are screwed up again with the Unskew command. Atfirst they are ok but after the first corner is set they all are upside downand reversed.On Apr 17, 2012, at 7:59 AM, lemkesoft wrote:Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlRegardsThorsten Lemke Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” iMac  12 GB Ram, 1TB HD, OS 10.7.32.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, MBP  4 GB Ram, 240GB OS 10.7.3Airport Extreme 5th gen, v7.6iPad 2, 32 GB, iOS 5.1
thorstenlemke

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 829)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released a new beta. Please check: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Thorsten > Von: Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:19:47 -0400 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 829) > > A couple of issues, that have actually been around since GC 7 > > 1) The setting for the Default Frame Size in the preferences does nothing. > Whatever value you set for it, there is always a 2 pixel frame around the > image. I find that this seems to be just big enough to annoy people who don't > want any frame (there have been multiple "why's there there a border around my > images?" questions here, ever since version 7 came out) and not quite as big > as I want it when I want there to be border, especially since I updated to > Lion, and now when I go to grab a selection handle at the edge of an image to > move it, I sometimes find myself hitting the window edge instead, and end up > resizing the window. > > 2) If you are stretching a selection (holding down Command, while dragging a > selection handle) the visual feedback for the stretch is offset by two pixels, > to the left and down. When you let go of the handle, the stretched area snaps > back those two pixels.
Robert Poland

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 840)

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, A question from a non-developer… What's involved in getting an Alias in the folder that the DMG opens? Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, That is an absolute alias. The finder does resolve it after a double click. Thorsten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:53:22 -0600 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 840) > > Thorsten, > > A question from a non-developerŠ > > What's involved in getting an Alias in the folder that the DMG opens? > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten,Guess I wasn't clear.What's involved in getting an Alias of the Application folder in the folder that the DMG opens?On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:57 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: Hi Robert,That is an absolute alias.The finder does resolve it after a double click.ThorstenVon: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net>Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Datum: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:53:22 -0600An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 840)Thorsten,A question from a non-developer…What's involved in getting an Alias in the folder that the DMG opens?Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO------------------------------------Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/<*> Your email settings:    Individual Email : Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/join    (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email:    gcmac-digest@yahoogroups.com    gcmac-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:    gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Ermanno Polli

Post by Ermanno Polli »

On 26/04/12 16:28, Robert Poland wrote: > Thorsten, > > > Guess I wasn't clear. > > What's involved in getting an Alias of the *Application folder* in the > folder that the DMG opens? Just a fast way to put GC in your Application folder. On the dmg window, drag the GC icon onto the Application alias icon and the GC application is in your Applications folder. Voila'. Ciao, Ermanno > > > > On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:57 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hi Robert, >> >> That is an absolute alias. >> The finder does resolve it after a double click. >> >> Thorsten >> >> >>> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net <mailto:rpoland@usa.net>> >>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com <mailto:gcmac@yahoogroups.com>> >>> Datum: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:53:22 -0600 >>> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com <mailto:gcmac@yahoogroups.com>> >>> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 840) >>> >>> Thorsten, >>> >>> A question from a non-developer… >>> >>> What's involved in getting an Alias in the folder that the DMG opens? >>> >>> >>> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >> >> >> >> >> ------------------------------------ >> >> Yahoo! Groups Links >> >> >> <mailto:gcmac-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com> >> >> > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > > > >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Ermanno Polli wrote: > On 26/04/12 16:28, Robert Poland wrote: >> Thorsten, >> >> >> Guess I wasn't clear. >> >> What's involved in getting an Alias of the *Application folder* in the >> folder that the DMG opens? > > Just a fast way to put GC in your Application folder. > On the dmg window, drag the GC icon onto the Application alias icon and > the GC application is in your Applications folder. Voila'. That would be fine If I the Toolbar was visible. I don't like the clutter so mostly the Toolbar is not visible. The question to Thorsten; What is involved for him to add the Alias? > Ciao, > Ermanno >> >> >> >> On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:57 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >> >>> Hi Robert, >>> >>> That is an absolute alias. >>> The finder does resolve it after a double click. >>> >>> Thorsten >>> >>> >>>> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net <mailto:rpoland@usa.net>> >>>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com <mailto:gcmac@yahoogroups.com>> >>>> Datum: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:53:22 -0600 >>>> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com <mailto:gcmac@yahoogroups.com>> >>>> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 840) >>>> >>>> Thorsten, >>>> >>>> A question from a non-developer… >>>> >>>> What's involved in getting an Alias in the folder that the DMG opens? >>>> >>>> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, I used the Finder to create it. Thorsten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:29:03 -0600 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8 (Build 840) > > The question to Thorsten; What is involved for him to add the Alias?