(no subject)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Ed Gould

(no subject)

Post by Ed Gould »

Attachments :I use GC to put icons on all my picture files. I know this has been discussed before but the up to 900 percent (60K to 600K) is a little much to swallow (for me anyway). Now granted there is not always a such a dramatic increase but I thought I would attach a before and after screen shot of the finder window.
thorstenlemke

Re: [2 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi,did you check "Save www ready without resource" ?Thorsten On 06.05.2012, at 23:22, Ed Gould wrote:   I use GC to put icons on all my picture files. I know this has been discussed before but the up to 900 percent (60K to 600K) is a little much to swallow (for me anyway). Now granted there is not always a such a dramatic increase but I thought I would attach a before and after screen shot of the finder window.
Mike Bauers

Re:

Post by Mike Bauers »

I'm looking for this setting and I don't find it where I think it would be in preferences.It's not in browser/thumbnails, I don't see it under General. I don't see it under Save.Where is this setting in preferences?Mike BauersOn May 7, 2012, at 1:29 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: Hi,did you check "Save www ready without resource" ?ThorstenOn 06.05.2012, at 23:22, Ed Gould wrote:   I use GC to put icons on all my picture files. I know this has been discussed before but the up to 900 percent (60K to 600K) is a little much to swallow (for me anyway). Now granted there is not always a such a dramatic increase but I thought I would attach a before and after screen shot of the finder window.
Hagen Henke

Re:

Post by Hagen Henke »

It is in the file selector when saving as. Hagen Henke Am 07.05.2012 um 13:35 schrieb Mike Bauers: > I'm looking for this setting and I don't find it where I think it would be in preferences. > > > It's not in browser/thumbnails, I don't see it under General. I don't see it under Save. > > Where is this setting in preferences? > > Mike Bauers > > > On May 7, 2012, at 1:29 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> did you check "Save www ready without resource" ? >> >> Thorsten >> >> On 06.05.2012, at 23:22, Ed Gould wrote: >> >>> >>> I use GC to put icons on all my picture files. >>> I know this has been discussed before but the up to 900 percent (60K >>> to 600K) is a little much to swallow (for me anyway). Now granted >>> there is not always a such a dramatic increase but I thought I would >>> attach a before and after screen shot of the finder window. >> > > >
Mike Bauers

Re:

Post by Mike Bauers »

Thank you, Does this become a set preference once selected??? Mike Bauers On May 7, 2012, at 7:05 AM, Hagen Henke wrote: > It is in the file selector when saving as. > > Hagen Henke > > > Am 07.05.2012 um 13:35 schrieb Mike Bauers: > >> I'm looking for this setting and I don't find it where I think it would be in preferences. >> >> >> It's not in browser/thumbnails, I don't see it under General. I don't see it under Save.
Ed Gould

Re:

Post by Ed Gould »

I did not see his original response so please excuse the tardiness of the reply.No it is not checked. I am to assume that it should be checked?  (to see big savings?)EdOn May 7, 2012, at 6:35 AM, Mike Bauers wrote:   I'm looking for this setting and I don't find it where I think it would be in preferences.It's not in browser/thumbnails, I don't see it under General. I don't see it under Save.Where is this setting in preferences?Mike BauersOn May 7, 2012, at 1:29 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:Hi,did you check "Save www ready without resource" ?ThorstenOn 06.05.2012, at 23:22, Ed Gould wrote:   I use GC to put icons on all my picture files. I know this has been discussed before but the up to 900 percent (60K to 600K) is a little much to swallow (for me anyway). Now granted there is not always a such a dramatic increase but I thought I would attach a before and after screen shot of the finder window.
Ed Gould

Re:

Post by Ed Gould »

The yahoo group seems to be screwing up replies and I am not seeing replies in correct sequence. I do *NOT* have WWW (at least in the dialog box) unless its somewhere in the preferences. Is this what is causing the growth I am seeing? ie should I check it? Ed On May 7, 2012, at 1:29 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi, > > did you check "Save www ready without resource" ? > > Thorsten > > On 06.05.2012, at 23:22, Ed Gould wrote: > >> I use GC to put icons on all my picture files. >> I know this has been discussed before but the up to 900 percent (60K >> to 600K) is a little much to swallow (for me anyway). Now granted >> there is not always a such a dramatic increase but I thought I would >> attach a before and after screen shot of the finder window. >
Hagen Henke

Re: [2 Attachments]

Post by Hagen Henke »

When you reopen the file selector the last setting used will display even after a cancel of the file selector. Hagen Henke Am 06.05.2012 um 23:22 schrieb Ed Gould: > [Attachment(s) from Ed Gould included below] > I use GC to put icons on all my picture files. > I know this has been discussed before but the up to 900 percent (60K > to 600K) is a little much to swallow (for me anyway). Now granted > there is not always a such a dramatic increase but I thought I would > attach a before and after screen shot of the finder window. >
thorstenlemke

Re:

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Ed,I attached a screenshot with an arrow.Thorsten On 08.05.2012, at 22:54, Ed Gould wrote:   The yahoo group seems to be screwing up replies and I am not seeing replies in correct sequence. I do *NOT* have WWW (at least in the dialog box) unless its somewhere in the preferences. Is this what is causing the growth I am seeing? ie should I check it? Ed On May 7, 2012, at 1:29 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi, > > did you check "Save www ready without resource" ? > > Thorsten > > On 06.05.2012, at 23:22, Ed Gould wrote: > >> I use GC to put icons on all my picture files. >> I know this has been discussed before but the up to 900 percent (60K >> to 600K) is a little much to swallow (for me anyway). Now granted >> there is not always a such a dramatic increase but I thought I would >> attach a before and after screen shot of the finder window. >
Ed Gould

was blank now icon size.

Post by Ed Gould »

Hmm way above my head (do not understand). When I open the convert dialog there is a option for www ready. I do not see any other place for WWW ready . Whether I click it on (or leave it unchecked) does not seem to make any difference. Ed On May 9, 2012, at 1:32 AM, Hagen Henke wrote: > When you reopen the file selector the last setting used will > display even after a cancel of the file selector. > > Hagen Henke > > > Am 06.05.2012 um 23:22 schrieb Ed Gould: > >> [Attachment(s) from Ed Gould included below] >> I use GC to put icons on all my picture files. >> I know this has been discussed before but the up to 900 percent (60K >> to 600K) is a little much to swallow (for me anyway). Now granted >> there is not always a such a dramatic increase but I thought I would >> attach a before and after screen shot of the finder window. >> > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >