small images in GC 6, 7, & 8

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
olson_gl_99

small images in GC 6, 7, & 8

Post by olson_gl_99 »

I use my own Fortran software to write ppm files that are then opened in GC and converted to jpeg or tiff. I realize that my scientific niche usage is a small piece of the market. But I often need to open and view many very small images, only 200 or 300 pixel on a side. GC6.X does this very well. GC7.X opens with a minimum window size much larger than this, limiting how many images I can see on the screen. GC8beta allows the vertical size to be small, but has a large minimum horizontal size. I'm still using GC6.7.6 because it allows me to use small windows. Anyone else with this problem? Please, put in a capability or option to efficiently view small windows in GC8! Thank you for listening, Gordon
thorstenlemke

Re: small images in GC 6, 7, & 8

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlIt does now allow a smaller window width.Thorsten On 08.05.2012, at 18:34, olson_gl_99 wrote:   I use my own Fortran software to write ppm files that are then opened in GC and converted to jpeg or tiff. I realize that my scientific niche usage is a small piece of the market. But I often need to open and view many very small images, only 200 or 300 pixel on a side. GC6.X does this very well. GC7.X opens with a minimum window size much larger than this, limiting how many images I can see on the screen. GC8beta allows the vertical size to be small, but has a large minimum horizontal size. I'm still using GC6.7.6 because it allows me to use small windows. Anyone else with this problem? Please, put in a capability or option to efficiently view small windows in GC8! Thank you for listening, Gordon
olson_gl_99

Re: small images in GC 6, 7, & 8

Post by olson_gl_99 »

Thank you very much! This smaller window is great for my images! Gordon --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > It does now allow a smaller window width. > > Thorsten > > On 08.05.2012, at 18:34, olson_gl_99 wrote: > > > I use my own Fortran software to write ppm files that are then opened in GC and converted to jpeg or tiff. I realize that my scientific niche usage is a small piece of the market. > > > > But I often need to open and view many very small images, only 200 or 300 pixel on a side. GC6.X does this very well. GC7.X opens with a minimum window size much larger than this, limiting how many images I can see on the screen. GC8beta allows the vertical size to be small, but has a large minimum horizontal size. > > > > I'm still using GC6.7.6 because it allows me to use small windows. Anyone else with this problem? > > > > Please, put in a capability or option to efficiently view small windows in GC8! > > > > Thank you for listening, > > > > Gordon > > >