Applescript to get file name of current image in slideshow?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
dknodel@swbell.net

Re: Applescript to get file name of current image in slideshow?

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

I think he wants just the filename as a placeholder?From: Fred Lotte <fredlotte@windstream.net>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Monday, June 4, 2012 3:15 PMTo: gcmac forum <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [gcmac] Re: Applescript to get file name of current image in slideshow?   Once you 'rm <file>' there is nothing left to touch.Do you want the file to be 0 sized or just the displayed image? What do you mean by 0 sized? Anticipating that you are looking for a blank screen- When I'm using GC for presentations and want a blank screen, I make a blank image, the same color as the background, and put it in the sequence. On Jun 4,12, at 13:46, Steve wrote: > Hey Chris, > > Thanks for hanging with me on this. > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Stone <listmeister@...> > wrote: > > This still doesn't make sense. You want to delete the image? > > Almost, but not quite. I want the file to remain, just be zero- > sized. "rm file; touch file" is a way to think of it, and that's > easy in AS if I can just get the file name. I want this because the > folder is mirrored and I don't want to re-fetch the file with a > program like wget. > > > The problem in the slideshow is that there are very few > Applescript commands available for it, and UI-Scripting doesn't see > much in the slideshow window. > > Agreed. And if I'm barking up the wrong tree with my thinking, let > me know. > > Thanks!
Steve

Post by Steve »

--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "dknodel@..." <dknodel@...> wrote: > > I think he wants just the filename as a placeholder? Exactly! "wget -nc", or in my case REplican (http://replican.sourceforge.net/) won't mirror the file from another server if the file (even if it is has no contents) is present. Thanks!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Chris, > Personally I would use Keyboard Maestro or QuicKeys to run the script and emulate the right-arrow keystroke and leave System Events out of the loop. I'm good with that... > tell application "GraphicConverter" > set sel to selection of front window > end tell > if length of sel = 1 then > set sel to item 1 of sel > if class of sel = «class furl» then > write_to_file_overwriting("0", sel) > end if > tell application "System Events" > keystroke (get ASCII character 29) > end tell > end if This give me a direction to head. Thanks very much!
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Jun 04, 2012, at 21:33, Steve wrote: > This give me a direction to head. Thanks very much! ______________________________________________________________________ Hey Steve, Great. And you're welcome. Once I understood the full scope of what you wanted to accomplish it didn't take long. -- Best Regards, Chris