help, adding a new scanner (TWAIN plug-in)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
uhebeisen

help, adding a new scanner (TWAIN plug-in)

Post by uhebeisen »

running GC8 and usually scan from a Canon Pixma MP630 I would now add my new Brother DCP-9055. This MFC printer comes with a TWAIN plugin (Mac OS X 10.7) that I have installed. But I can't see the Brother scanner if I select File -> Scan -> Select TWAIN Scanner There is only the Canon MP630 listed but not the new Brother. Searching an googling shows my that the "Brother TWAIN.ds" file is indeed installed in Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources like the Canon plugin. Putting an Alias into the GC Plug-ins folder (Applications Support) as with the Canon plugin still has no effect. What else did I miss? Thanks for your help
thorstenlemke

Re: help, adding a new scanner (TWAIN plug-in)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please launch GraphicConverter in 32 bit mode.Thorsten   running GC8 and usually scan from a Canon Pixma MP630 I would now add my new Brother DCP-9055. This MFC printer comes with a TWAIN plugin (Mac OS X 10.7) that I have installed. But I can't see the Brother scanner if I select File -> Scan -> Select TWAIN Scanner There is only the Canon MP630 listed but not the new Brother. Searching an googling shows my that the "Brother TWAIN.ds" file is indeed installed in Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources like the Canon plugin. Putting an Alias into the GC Plug-ins folder (Applications Support) as with the Canon plugin still has no effect. What else did I miss? Thanks for your help.
Patrick Aquilla

GC8 Convert and Modify (multiple multicore processors)

Post by Patrick Aquilla »

Hi Thorsten, I was wondering if the Convert process (in the Convert and Modify section) takes advantage of computers that have multiple processors with multiple cores? Mine being a dual quad-core computer the convert process seems to take the same amount of time as it did when using GC6 For comparison when I use newer versions of video conterting software, such as Handbrake, the conversion process is remarkably faster than their older versions that didn't take advantage of the multiple-multicore computers. Thanks, Patrick
thorstenlemke

Re: GC8 Convert and Modify (multiple multicore processors)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,not yet. That is in work.Thorsten   Hi Thorsten, I was wondering if the Convert process (in the Convert and Modify section) takes advantage of computers that have multiple processors with multiple cores? Mine being a dual quad-core computer the convert process seems to take the same amount of time as it did when using GC6 For comparison when I use newer versions of video conterting software, such as Handbrake, the conversion process is remarkably faster than their older versions that didn't take advantage of the multiple-multicore computers. Thanks, Patrick
Chuck Boody

Ver 8 scanner issue

Post by Chuck Boody »

HI Thorsten, I was just about to upgrade to Version 8 from version 6. I've been waiting for the changes to settle down. I have an Epson Perfection 4490 scanner and am running Mac 10.6.8 OS. Version 6 does one preview and scan then the program locks up on the second scan and has to be rebooted. Version 7.0.1 works perfectly (I had downloaded it to check on the new version early on) Version 8.0 will do a preview but the program locks up attempting to scan. I was hoping to get up to date. Any suggestions? Thanks, Chuck Boody
Chuck Boody

Re: Ver 8 scanner issue

Post by Chuck Boody »

Oh Yes...  The scanner software is up to date. On May 24, 2012, at 11:19 PM, Chuck Boody wrote:   HI Thorsten, I was just about to upgrade to Version 8 from version 6. I've been waiting for the changes to settle down. I have an Epson Perfection 4490 scanner and am running Mac 10.6.8 OS. Version 6 does one preview and scan then the program locks up on the second scan and has to be rebooted. Version 7.0.1 works perfectly (I had downloaded it to check on the new version early on) Version 8.0 will do a preview but the program locks up attempting to scan. I was hoping to get up to date. Any suggestions? Thanks, Chuck Boody
uhebeisen

Re: help, adding a new scanner (TWAIN plug-in)

Post by uhebeisen »

thank you Thorsten, that did it. So for now only the Canon TWAIN plug-in is working in 64 bit mode. All the others are still 32 bit versions. Ueli --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > please launch GraphicConverter in 32 bit mode. > > Thorsten > > > > running GC8 and usually scan from a Canon Pixma MP630 I would now add my new Brother DCP-9055. This MFC printer comes with a TWAIN plugin (Mac OS X 10.7) that I have installed. But I can't see the Brother scanner if I select > > File -> Scan -> Select TWAIN Scanner > > There is only the Canon MP630 listed but not the new Brother. Searching an googling shows my that the "Brother TWAIN.ds" file is indeed installed in Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources like the Canon plugin. > > Putting an Alias into the GC Plug-ins folder (Applications Support) as with the Canon plugin still has no effect. > > > > What else did I miss? Thanks for your help > > . > > > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Chuck,that looks like an EPSON issue with the current TWAIN SDK.We are working onto it.I received only reports from users of EPSON scanners.Thorsten On 25.05.2012, at 06:19, Chuck Boody wrote:   HI Thorsten, I was just about to upgrade to Version 8 from version 6. I've been waiting for the changes to settle down. I have an Epson Perfection 4490 scanner and am running Mac 10.6.8 OS. Version 6 does one preview and scan then the program locks up on the second scan and has to be rebooted. Version 7.0.1 works perfectly (I had downloaded it to check on the new version early on) Version 8.0 will do a preview but the program locks up attempting to scan. I was hoping to get up to date. Any suggestions? Thanks, Chuck Boody
Chuck Boody

Post by Chuck Boody »

Thanks,I'll hold off purchase until I know whether to get 7 or 8...Chuck Boody On May 25, 2012, at 1:28 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hi Chuck,that looks like an EPSON issue with the current TWAIN SDK.We are working onto it.I received only reports from users of EPSON scanners.ThorstenOn 25.05.2012, at 06:19, Chuck Boody wrote:   HI Thorsten, I was just about to upgrade to Version 8 from version 6. I've been waiting for the changes to settle down. I have an Epson Perfection 4490 scanner and am running Mac 10.6.8 OS. Version 6 does one preview and scan then the program locks up on the second scan and has to be rebooted. Version 7.0.1 works perfectly (I had downloaded it to check on the new version early on) Version 8.0 will do a preview but the program locks up attempting to scan. I was hoping to get up to date. Any suggestions? Thanks, Chuck Boody
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,the current license key is valid for the 7 and 8.Please check the latest BETA. I found one issue.Thorsten On 25.05.2012, at 19:52, Chuck Boody wrote:   Thanks,I'll hold off purchase until I know whether to get 7 or 8...Chuck BoodyOn May 25, 2012, at 1:28 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hi Chuck,that looks like an EPSON issue with the current TWAIN SDK.We are working onto it.I received only reports from users of EPSON scanners.ThorstenOn 25.05.2012, at 06:19, Chuck Boody wrote: