Creation Date Changes to Modification Date

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Dale Dreher

Creation Date Changes to Modification Date

Post by Dale Dreher »

When I shoot pictures all day, and I often shoot over 300 pictures per day the Creation date somehow becomes the same as the time and date that I import the pics from my camera memory card into my camera. All of my GC preferences are set to Default. I wonder what is burning over the real JPG creation date and time when I take the pictures from the camera to my Mac? It didn't use to be this way. Maybe since I am using the Canon Software to Import? Image Browser could be doing it? In Browser Mode, the Creation date and time are the same for all 300 pictures, this is problematic as I need the Time separation to help me remember what time of day I shot my location pics. any ideas? Thank you. Dale Dreher dale@hazardtown.com Los Angeles Location Scout
thorstenlemke

Re: Creation Date Changes to Modification Date

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,simply select all files in the browser.Open the context menu and select: actions/metadata/set file date to exif date.Thorsten On 24.05.2012, at 03:02, Dale Dreher wrote:   When I shoot pictures all day, and I often shoot over 300 pictures per day the Creation date somehow becomes the same as the time and date that I import the pics from my camera memory card into my camera. All of my GC preferences are set to Default. I wonder what is burning over the real JPG creation date and time when I take the pictures from the camera to my Mac? It didn't use to be this way. Maybe since I am using the Canon Software to Import? Image Browser could be doing it? In Browser Mode, the Creation date and time are the same for all 300 pictures, this is problematic as I need the Time separation to help me remember what time of day I shot my location pics. any ideas? Thank you. Dale Dreher dale@hazardtown.com Los Angeles Location Scout