Shortcut keys for labels

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Bob

Shortcut keys for labels

Post by Bob »

Hi Thorsten In the browser when I type 6, 7, 8, or 9 ... GC 8 (880) is assigning the red label with all of these. The 1-5 ratings work as intended. In the slideshow the 6, 7, 8, work as intended. Are you seeing the same thing? Thanks Bob
thorstenlemke

Re: Shortcut keys for labels

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,you can adjust the behavior in the prefs.Thorsten On 28.05.2012, at 00:22, Bob wrote:   Hi Thorsten In the browser when I type 6, 7, 8, or 9 ... GC 8 (880) is assigning the red label with all of these. The 1-5 ratings work as intended. In the slideshow the 6, 7, 8, work as intended. Are you seeing the same thing? Thanks Bob.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hi Thorsten Maybe I wasn't clear. When Browser > Edit preferences are set to [1..5 set rating, 6..9 set label (red, yellow, green, blue)] there is a bug in the way the keys are handled in the Browser. If I press the 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 keys they all produce the red label. Surely that is not the intended behavior—doesn't make sense. This is just in the Browser. The slideshow seems to work correctly. If I set the preferences to [0..7 set label, control + 0..5 set rating] then the keys produce the desired result. This is an inconvenient setting for me. Thanks Bob --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > you can adjust the behavior in the prefs. > > Thorsten > > > On 28.05.2012, at 00:22, Bob wrote: > > > Hi Thorsten > > > > In the browser when I type 6, 7, 8, or 9 ... GC 8 (880) is assigning the red label with all of these. The 1-5 ratings work as intended. > > > > In the slideshow the 6, 7, 8, work as intended. > > > > Are you seeing the same thing? > > > > Thanks > > > > Bob > > . > > > > > > >
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hi Thorsten, Shortcut keys in the browser are still broken. I downloaded 8.1 and trashed my preferences. Behavior in the browser is still the same. 6,7,8,9, keys all set red label Please fix Thanks Bob --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <rtebiz@...> wrote: > > Hi Thorsten > > Maybe I wasn't clear. > > When Browser > Edit preferences are set to [1..5 set rating, 6..9 set label (red, yellow, green, blue)] there is a bug in the way the keys are handled in the Browser. If I press the 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 keys they all produce the red label. Surely that is not the intended behavior—doesn't make sense. This is just in the Browser. The slideshow seems to work correctly. > > If I set the preferences to [0..7 set label, control + 0..5 set rating] then the keys produce the desired result. This is an inconvenient setting for me. > > Thanks > > Bob > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > > > you can adjust the behavior in the prefs. > > > > Thorsten > > > > > > On 28.05.2012, at 00:22, Bob wrote: > > > > > Hi Thorsten > > > > > > In the browser when I type 6, 7, 8, or 9 ... GC 8 (880) is assigning the red label with all of these. The 1-5 ratings work as intended. > > > > > > In the slideshow the 6, 7, 8, work as intended. > > > > > > Are you seeing the same thing? > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > Bob > > > . > > > > > > > > > > > >
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Jun 03, 2012, at 14:54, Bob wrote: > Shortcut keys in the browser are still broken. I downloaded 8.1 and trashed my preferences. Behavior in the browser is still the same. 6,7,8,9, keys all set red label ______________________________________________________________________ Hey Thorsten, I confirm this behavior. It was the default setting. I tried it. Red, red, red, red. I changed it to 0..7, and it worked correctly. When I changed it back it returned to all red. -- Best Regards, Chris
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThat does fix it.Thorsten On 03.06.2012, at 21:54, Bob wrote:   Hi Thorsten, Shortcut keys in the browser are still broken. I downloaded 8.1 and trashed my preferences. Behavior in the browser is still the same. 6,7,8,9, keys all set red label Please fix Thanks Bob