Why can't I paste into a frame with Graphic Converter?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Anthony Myers

Re: Why can't I paste into a frame with Graphic Converter?

Post by Anthony Myers »

Is there a way to not have it go into the pixel data?The ability to move the pasted object is what I am looking for.Like how you can move a text box with no problem at all. On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hello,escape does insert/merge the selection into the pixel data. So, you can no longer move it.Thorsten On 08.06.2012, at 16:38, Anthony Myers wrote:   Thanks for the video but that is not my issue.What I want to do is be able to move it after, I press escape.Like put it in a box, so I can move it around if it isn't in the perfect spot the first time.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,you can move before pressing the esc key.Thorsten On 08.06.2012, at 16:55, Anthony Myers wrote:   Is there a way to not have it go into the pixel data?The ability to move the pasted object is what I am looking for.Like how you can move a text box with no problem at all.
Anthony Myers

Post by Anthony Myers »

But not after?Is there any way to use the "paste to frame" function?It seems like you should take out the option, if no body can use it. On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hello,you can move before pressing the esc key.Thorsten On 08.06.2012, at 16:55, Anthony Myers wrote:   Is there a way to not have it go into the pixel data?The ability to move the pasted object is what I am looking for.Like how you can move a text box with no problem at all.
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Jun 8, 2012, at 9:15 AM, Anthony Myers wrote: > > > But not after? > > Is there any way to use the "paste to frame" function? > > It seems like you should take out the option, if no body can use it. > > > On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > Hello, > > > you can move before pressing the esc key. > > Thorsten > > > On 08.06.2012, at 16:55, Anthony Myers wrote: > >> >> Is there a way to not have it go into the pixel data? >> The ability to move the pasted object is what I am looking for. >> >> Like how you can move a text box with no problem at all. >> You can always do an Undo then paste it where you want it. Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Patrick Aquilla

Commas preventing copy function in Scale and Canvas size

Post by Patrick Aquilla »

hi Thorsten, I'm now using GC version 8.1 exclusively (I finally made the full switch and got rid of version 6.7.4) but any image over the size of 999 pixels (width or height) puts a comma in the input field and prevents the cut/copy/paste functions from working .... can you get rid of the comma thats added in those fields Thorsten? In version 6.7.4 that was never a problem as there wasn't a comma added to images over 999pixels ... in other words an image od say 1204x680 now appears as 1,204x680 and you cant copy & paste the 1,204 but you can copy & paste the 680?? weird thanks, PA
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,"Paste frame" is only active during copy paste of frames from GIF animations.Thorsten On 08.06.2012, at 17:15, Anthony Myers wrote:   But not after?Is there any way to use the "paste to frame" function?It seems like you should take out the option, if no body can use it.
thorstenlemke

Re: Commas preventing copy function in Scale and Canvas size

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Patrick, the decimal style is a feature of the MacOS X number formatter - it is not a bug. I added now an option to the prefs part "General/Misc". You can now enable/disable the decimal style. http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Thorsten On 08.06.2012, at 21:47, Patrick Aquilla wrote: > hi Thorsten, > > I'm now using GC version 8.1 exclusively (I finally made the full switch and got rid of version 6.7.4) but any image over the size of 999 pixels (width or height) puts a comma in the input field and prevents the cut/copy/paste functions from working .... can you get rid of the comma thats added in those fields Thorsten? In version 6.7.4 that was never a problem as there wasn't a comma added to images over 999pixels ... in other words an image od say 1204x680 now appears as 1,204x680 and you cant copy & paste the 1,204 but you can copy & paste the 680?? weird > > thanks, PA
Patrick Aquilla

Re: Commas preventing copy function in Scale and Canvas size

Post by Patrick Aquilla »

thanks much Thorsten!! On Jun 9, 2012, at 2:30 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi Patrick, > > the decimal style is a feature of the MacOS X number formatter - it is not a bug. > > I added now an option to the prefs part "General/Misc". You can now enable/disable the decimal style. > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Thorsten > > On 08.06.2012, at 21:47, Patrick Aquilla wrote: > >> hi Thorsten, >> >> I'm now using GC version 8.1 exclusively (I finally made the full switch and got rid of version 6.7.4) but any image over the size of 999 pixels (width or height) puts a comma in the input field and prevents the cut/copy/paste functions from working .... can you get rid of the comma thats added in those fields Thorsten? In version 6.7.4 that was never a problem as there wasn't a comma added to images over 999pixels ... in other words an image od say 1204x680 now appears as 1,204x680 and you cant copy & paste the 1,204 but you can copy & paste the 680?? weird >> >> thanks, PA > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
Peter O'Meara Evans

System -35 error

Post by Peter O'Meara Evans »

Attachments :Hi, Recently when manipulated 50 MB TIFF files, I get the following two error messages when trying to save or alter: "Skip this document and continue converting?" If I click stop no changes are effected.
thorstenlemke

Re: System -35 error [2 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,do you use the current version 8?Thorsten On 12.06.2012, at 05:08, Peter O'Meara Evans wrote:   Hi, Recently when manipulated 50 MB TIFF files, I get the following two error messages when trying to save or alter: "Skip this document and continue converting?" If I click stop no changes are effected. If I click "continue" then I get another message: "System error -35 occurred in document "" " and no changes are effected.If you want me to FTP the file to you, please provide the FTP address location.Thank youpeter.omeara.evans@uclmail.net