GC 8.1 (809) not responding

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
DAVID E

GC 8.1 (809) not responding

Post by DAVID E »

GC 8.1 (809) will not run on my iMac. Actually it will run once after deleting prefs and reinstalling GC. Any change to an image and it becomes 'not responding'. Any attempt to run GC after that stops with the beach-ball cursor and before any crash log can be generated (at least I can't find one). I have gone back to GC 7 (447) which works fine. Any one else having a similar problem? I have run MacKeeper which found numerous problems, but no difference. DK
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 8.1 (809) not responding

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I have no other such report.Is there any error message or log in the console?Thorsten   GC 8.1 (809) will not run on my iMac. Actually it will run once after deleting prefs and reinstalling GC. Any change to an image and it becomes 'not responding'. Any attempt to run GC after that stops with the beach-ball cursor and before any crash log can be generated (at least I can't find one). I have gone back to GC 7 (447) which works fine. Any one else having a similar problem? I have run MacKeeper which found numerous problems, but no difference. DK