Automatic updater blocks when plugin a camera

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Petri

Automatic updater blocks when plugin a camera

Post by Petri »

I tried to update from 8 to 8.1 (890) and it kept giving me the update error, until I found out it was the iPhone I was plugin in and out and was considered as a camera.
thorstenlemke

Re: Automatic updater blocks when plugin a camera

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, I access the iPhone as a camera.Did the update work now?Thorsten On 09.06.2012, at 05:41, Petri wrote:   I tried to update from 8 to 8.1 (890) and it kept giving me the update error, until I found out it was the iPhone I was plugin in and out and was considered as a camera.
Petri

Post by Petri »

The update works as long as I don't plug in my iPhone or any other camera during the download process... --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > hmm, I access the iPhone as a camera. > > Did the update work now? > > Thorsten > > On 09.06.2012, at 05:41, Petri wrote: > > > I tried to update from 8 to 8.1 (890) and it kept giving me the update error, until I found out it was the iPhone I was plugin in and out and was considered as a camera. > > > > __. > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,many thanks for your update onto this.Thorsten On 11.06.2012, at 03:31, Petri wrote:   The update works as long as I don't plug in my iPhone or any other camera during the download process... --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > hmm, I access the iPhone as a camera. > > Did the update work now? > > Thorsten > 
Patrick Aquilla

Add Image as Folder Icon

Post by Patrick Aquilla »

Hi Thorsten, When you're in the browser and select Action/Misc/Add Image as Folder Icon it doesn't work properly ... it doesn't add an icon that's proportional to the image, it basically adds a stretched out square icon no matter if the image it longer vertically or horizontally Also it doesnt add the 1 pixel (or proportonal) border to the icon like it used to do in 6.7.4 when you select it in the Preferences under the path Save/Resource Fork/Decoraration/Black Border Any chance you can fix that? Also, is there a script that simulates the "Add Image as Folder Icon" available so I can use it as a service? I'd like to be able to right click an image in a folder and make that the folder icon when I'm working in the finder. Thanks very much, PA