Color modes

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
dave.elbon

Color modes

Post by dave.elbon »

So the 1-bit black & white and 8-bit color modes are gone for good? I use them both frequently.
thorstenlemke

Re: Color modes

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,QuickDraw is gone in 64 bit.I use now Cocoa in the backend. It supports only 8 bit grayscale or more.I added to the 8.1.1 (BETA) a special new feature.It saves grayscale images (which only use black and white) again as 1 bit. Thorsten On 15.06.2012, at 16:46, dave.elbon wrote:   So the 1-bit black & white and 8-bit color modes are gone for good? I use them both frequently.
Tony Jackson

Re: Color modes

Post by Tony Jackson »

Hi Thorsten, >QuickDraw is gone in 64 bit. > >I use now Cocoa in the backend. It supports only 8 bit grayscale or more. > >I added to the 8.1.1 (BETA) a special new feature. > >It saves grayscale images (which only use black and white) again as 1 bit. This prompted me to have another go. The pixel-level editing still doesn't work properly (cursor around a half-pixel displaced, making fine selection hopelessly too time-consuming), but when saved, a 1-bit file is smaller than in GC 5.9. (In the example I was looking at, 205KB as against 246KB). However, when I drag the files onto Acrobat Pro to make a pdf the figures change to 717KB and 94KB. GC8.1 doesn't offer a 1-bit option under 'Colours', but I guess nonetheless saves as 1-bit if the image is Black and white? Whatever, 5.9 remains favourite for 1-pixel level editing, and 1-bit saving, it seems. I keep hoping... Best, T. -- Tony Jackson, Devon, UK.