Set date based on EXIF does not work pre year 1970

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Wessel Jan

Re: Set date based on EXIF does not work pre year 1970

Post by Wessel Jan »

Hello, As there seem to be more API's, probably Apple is working on this too. Probably there will be GC users that will want to change Creation/Modify date anyway, so yes a warning about setting this date would help prevent people blaming GC. And that it is beyond GC'c control. Regards, Jan On Jun 21, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hello, > > the EXIF text field does keep the correct input. > > So, maybe I should clip dates before 1970 for the finder to 1970 and show a note? > > Thorsten > > On 20.06.2012, at 12:54, Wessel Jan wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> When setting to dates before 1970, strange things start happening. >> When I set the EXIF date (and the box is unchecked) the Finder date changes. >> Setting the EXIF date to 1961 results in the Finder displaying 2098, then setting the file date according to EXIF this results in Finder displaying 2097. >> Setting file date to 1949 resutls in 2049, but setting it to 1961 results in 2098 >> There is probably a logic reason for all this, but it got me really confused... >> I hope Thorsten can understand what is going on here. >> >> >> >> >> >> Original data for testpic7: >> Created Friday, March 9, 2012 7:34 AM >> Modified Friday, March 9, 2012 7:34 AM >> Last Opened Friday, March 9, 2012 7:34 AM >> From EXIF Date and time of original data generation: 2012:03:03 16:13:41 > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > Jan Wessel Email adres : jhwessel@xs4all.nl
Chuck Boody

Re: Still Scanner issues with Ver. 8.1

Post by Chuck Boody »

Yes. I updated the scanners after I wrote and things still failed. I also tried the beta and it didn't work either. I'll check again today and let you know if there is any difference. Chuck Bood On Jun 21, 2012, at 1:36 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hello Chuck, > > did you install the latest EPSON drivers? > > Thorsten > > On 21.06.2012, at 00:17, Chuck Boody wrote: > >> Hi Thorsten, >> >> I'm using an Epson Perfection 4490 scanner. You may recall there were issues with it in version 8. Your fix seemed to solve the problem. I believe that was version 8.1. Now I've upgraded to OS 10.7 (lion) and the scanner doesn't work again. I'll try to find your latest beta to check that out, but I though you would want to know. >> >> Chuck Boody >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
Chuck Boody

Post by Chuck Boody »

One further bit of information: The problem I see is not being able to select the scanner. It never appears in the window the select. On Jun 21, 2012, at 12:26 PM, Chuck Boody wrote: > Yes. I updated the scanners after I wrote and things still failed. I also tried the beta and it didn't work either. I'll check again today and let you know if there is any difference. > > Chuck Bood > > On Jun 21, 2012, at 1:36 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hello Chuck, >> >> did you install the latest EPSON drivers? >> >> Thorsten >> >> On 21.06.2012, at 00:17, Chuck Boody wrote: >> >>> Hi Thorsten, >>> >>> I'm using an Epson Perfection 4490 scanner. You may recall there were issues with it in version 8. Your fix seemed to solve the problem. I believe that was version 8.1. Now I've upgraded to OS 10.7 (lion) and the scanner doesn't work again. I'll try to find your latest beta to check that out, but I though you would want to know. >>> >>> Chuck Boody >>> >>> >> >> >> >> ------------------------------------ >> >> Yahoo! Groups Links >> >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,maybe your scanner driver is no longer compatible with Lion.Did you try image capture? Apple has a lot of generic drivers for older scanners.Thorsten On 21.06.2012, at 19:26, Chuck Boody wrote: Yes.  I updated the scanners after I wrote and things still failed.  I also tried the beta and it didn't work either.  I'll check again today and let you know if there is any difference.Chuck BoodOn Jun 21, 2012, at 1:36 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:Hello Chuck,did you install the latest EPSON drivers?ThorstenOn 21.06.2012, at 00:17, Chuck Boody wrote:
Chuck Boody

Post by Chuck Boody »

Image capture works fine and so does GC 7.6Chuck On Jun 21, 2012, at 1:49 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hello,maybe your scanner driver is no longer compatible with Lion.Did you try image capture? Apple has a lot of generic drivers for older scanners.Thorsten On 21.06.2012, at 19:26, Chuck Boody wrote:Yes.  I updated the scanners after I wrote and things still failed.  I also tried the beta and it didn't work either.  I'll check again today and let you know if there is any difference.Chuck BoodOn Jun 21, 2012, at 1:36 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:Hello Chuck,did you install the latest EPSON drivers?ThorstenOn 21.06.2012, at 00:17, Chuck Boody wrote:
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,the 7.x does support PowerPC twain. Some EPSON drivers are only PowerPC.GC8 is Intel only.Thorsten On 21.06.2012, at 20:54, Chuck Boody wrote:   Image capture works fine and so does GC 7.6ChuckOn Jun 21, 2012, at 1:49 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:
Chuck Boody

Post by Chuck Boody »

That seems unlikely, since I am pin OS 10.7 which has stopped supporting many things, including I believe, power PC.Chuck Boody On Jun 21, 2012, at 1:54 PM, Chuck Boody wrote:   Image capture works fine and so does GC 7.6ChuckOn Jun 21, 2012, at 1:49 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hello,maybe your scanner driver is no longer compatible with Lion.Did you try image capture? Apple has a lot of generic drivers for older scanners.Thorsten On 21.06.2012, at 19:26, Chuck Boody wrote:Yes.  I updated the scanners after I wrote and things still failed.  I also tried the beta and it didn't work either.  I'll check again today and let you know if there is any difference.Chuck BoodOn Jun 21, 2012, at 1:36 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:Hello Chuck,did you install the latest EPSON drivers?ThorstenOn 21.06.2012, at 00:17, Chuck Boody wrote:
Patrick Aquilla

Popup window from GC8 b923 when connecting iPad 1

Post by Patrick Aquilla »

hi Thorsten, with the current version of the GC8 beta that I'm using (b923) anytime I connect my iPad 1 (first generation) to my computer a dialog box pops up that says "A camera was connected, Do you want to browse images? Later you can find the connected camera in the Browser." This didn't happen in previous versions for me ... just curious why this is happening as the first gen iPad does not have a camera like the iPad 2 and 3? Thanks, PA
Marino Pascal

Re: Popup window from GC8 b923 when connecting iPad 1

Post by Marino Pascal »

GC will give this message even if you connect an SD card or a hard drive or a phone. Anything with storage that could contain images. You can turn it off in the Prefereces->General-> Image Capture. Marino On 6/22/12 5:47 PM, Patrick Aquilla wrote: > hi Thorsten, > > with the current version of the GC8 beta that I'm using (b923) anytime I connect my iPad 1 (first generation) to my computer a dialog box pops up that says "A camera was connected, Do you want to browse images? Later you can find the connected camera in the Browser." This didn't happen in previous versions for me ... just curious why this is happening as the first gen iPad does not have a camera like the iPad 2 and 3? > > Thanks, PA > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >
Patrick Aquilla

Re: Popup window from GC8 b923 when connecting iPad 1

Post by Patrick Aquilla »

thanks! it must be a default because I did delete the ppreferebces the other day BUT everything else, preference wise, stayed the same On Jun 22, 2012, at 8:45 PM, Marino Pascal wrote: > GC will give this message even if you connect an SD card or a hard drive or a phone. Anything with storage that could contain images. > You can turn it off in the Prefereces->General-> Image Capture. > > Marino > > On 6/22/12 5:47 PM, Patrick Aquilla wrote: >> hi Thorsten, >> >> with the current version of the GC8 beta that I'm using (b923) anytime I connect my iPad 1 (first generation) to my computer a dialog box pops up that says "A camera was connected, Do you want to browse images? Later you can find the connected camera in the Browser." This didn't happen in previous versions for me ... just curious why this is happening as the first gen iPad does not have a camera like the iPad 2 and 3? >> >> Thanks, PA >> >> ------------------------------------ >> >> Yahoo! Groups Links >> >> >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >