Change Levels Differently from Left to Right

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
withan155

Change Levels Differently from Left to Right

Post by withan155 »

I have some photo that were taken underneath a canopy, and the exposure levels are uneven. The fronts of the cars are too bright and the rear too dark. Is there a way to evenly change the levels from left to right?
thorstenlemke

Re: Change Levels Differently from Left to Right

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,sorry, no. I can change only the complete image.Thorsten On 23.06.2012, at 15:37, withan155 wrote:   I have some photo that were taken underneath a canopy, and the exposure levels are uneven. The fronts of the cars are too bright and the rear too dark. Is there a way to evenly change the levels from left to right?
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

The Gradient filter will help a little. On Jun 23, 2012, at 7:37 AM, withan155 wrote: > I have some photo that were taken underneath a canopy, and the exposure levels are uneven. The fronts of the cars are too bright and the rear too dark. Is there a way to evenly change the levels from left to right? Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
withan155

Post by withan155 »

How would I use that? --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: > > The Gradient filter will help a little. > > > On Jun 23, 2012, at 7:37 AM, withan155 wrote: > > > I have some photo that were taken underneath a canopy, and the exposure levels are uneven. The fronts of the cars are too bright and the rear too dark. Is there a way to evenly change the levels from left to right? > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >
withan155

Post by withan155 »

It would be great to have a gradient levels filter. Controls just like now, but with fields to enter two points and a slider for the difference between the points. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > sorry, no. I can change only the complete image. > > Thorsten > > On 23.06.2012, at 15:37, withan155 wrote: > > > I have some photo that were taken underneath a canopy, and the exposure levels are uneven. The fronts of the cars are too bright and the rear too dark. Is there a way to evenly change the levels from left to right? > > > > >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Activate filter by clicking on Filter/Core Image Filters…/Gradient. I selected Linear Gradient. Set Point 1: to X:0 and Y:0 Set Point 2: to X:2000 and Y:0 Color1: to White, Opacity 30% Color2: to Black, Opacity 10% Not great, but better. On Jun 23, 2012, at 2:23 PM, withan155 wrote: > How would I use that? > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: >> >> The Gradient filter will help a little. >> >> >> On Jun 23, 2012, at 7:37 AM, withan155 wrote: >> >>> I have some photo that were taken underneath a canopy, and the exposure levels are uneven. The fronts of the cars are too bright and the rear too dark. Is there a way to evenly change the levels from left to right? >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO